Mozilla Firefox constantly asking for master password

Options

Is there any way of switching off Mozilla Firefox of constantly asking for my password. The extension is not doing on Safari, but on Firefox, if I'm not on the computer for some time, the moment I go back on, it is asking again for the password, and it can be quite annoying to type it each time. Is there way around this. THanks

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided

Comments

• ag_yaron
    ag_yaron
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hey @OliverUlv

The extension in Firefox should connect to your 1Password desktop app like the Safari extension does, but it sounds like something's not working right.
    Try this:

1. Right-click the extension's icon in your browser's toolbar and select "Settings".
    2. In the settings page, turn off the "Integrate with 1Password app" option.
    3. Restart your computer.
    4. Open and unlock the 1Password desktop app, then launch Firefox.
    5. Go into the extension's settings page again and turn the "Integrate with 1Password app" option back on.
    6. Test and see if both the desktop app and extension are locked/unlocked simultaneously or if you still have to unlock them each separately.

If they lock and unlock simultaneously, that means everything is working as expected and you can adjust the auto-lock timer as you see fit in the desktop app's preferences -> Security.

This discussion has been closed.