The application “1Password 7.app” is not open anymore.

Options
2»

Comments

• @ShaneKeller

Thank you for the reply! To clarify: did you right-click on the 1Password icon in the menubar, click Open 1Password, and then see the error message?

I look forward to hearing from you. 😊

• Piggy
    Piggy
    Community Member
    Options

Adding to the chorus of folks reporting this error. I've been experiencing it on multiple Macs, both Intel and Apple Silicon. It has persisted through multiple macOS Monterey and multiple 1Password 7 updates. The only thing I'm not sure of is whether it's been limited to macOS Monterey. I don't recall experiencing it on Big Sur. All my personal Macs have been on Monterey for a very long time but I've been stuck on Intel Big Sur forever waiting for my IT department to support it and don't recall experiencing the problem on this (Intel Big Sur) Mac. I have not previously reported this. I don't feel there's a reason when a Google search returns so many hits over such a long period of time. Also it's not limited to 1Password.

I upgraded to 1P 8 but downgraded due to loss of functionality (namely, cannot Command-n to switch between vaults) and other issues. You can search for my comments if you wish. I just added to a thread of complaints. Given that 1P can be used to store records that are not dependent on using a browser (secure notes, credit cards, identities, documents, bank accounts, driver's license, memberships, passports, reward programs, servers, and social security numbers -- some of these which have NO dependency on needing to use a browser and some that have dual purpose, I don't understand why you guys are intent on abandoning the desktop app.) Why should I have to launch a browser to access my secure notes, wifi passwords, social security numbers, etc. if I am not pasting into a web browser form?

My .02 cents. :-)

• Hi @Piggy:

Thanks for your feedback on this. To clarify, you can still use Quick Access to search for an item and quickly open it in a new window.

Jack

• RAbel1
    RAbel1
    Community Member
    Options

Happening to me too.

• billtubbs
    billtubbs
    Community Member
    Options

This happened for the first time to me today. Mac OS X 10.15.7 (Catalina). I can't open the app but I can still use the Safari browser extension (Otherwise I wouldn't have been able to login to this forum!).

Dialog window showing error message

Is there a solution?

• billtubbs
    billtubbs
    Community Member
    Options

As kirkmc said above, opening Activity Monitor, double-click on the '1Password7' process then select Quit. Then you can restart it.

• @billtubbs

I'm happy to hear that you were able to resolve the issue. 🙂

If anyone is still repeatedly running into this issue then I recommend updating to 1Password 8. If you already have a 1Password account then the update is free. You can find our guide on how to update here: Upgrade to 1Password 8 for Mac

-Dave

• billtubbs
    billtubbs
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks Dave. Is 1Password 8 supported on Mac OS 10.15.7 (Catalina)? And if so, for how much longer will it be?

• @billtubbs

1Password 8 is indeed supported on macOS Catalina 10.15 or later. You can find our system requirements here: System requirements for 1Password 🙂

-Dave

• markscohen
    markscohen
    Community Member
    Options

I'm just another person with the same issues. I'm hesitant to migrate to 1Password 8, as I had a lot of trouble following my last 1Password migration from 6 to 7.

• @markscohen

If you already have a 1Password account and you're not using any older standalone "Primary" vaults then you shouldn't run into any complications with the upgrade process. You can find our upgrade guide here: Upgrade to 1Password 8 for Mac

If you do run into any issues then let me know, the team is here to help. 🙂

-Dave

This discussion has been closed.