1Password Beta - Lock after Computer is Idle

Options
mdvzo
mdvzo
Community Member

I would like to see some higher idle timeouts in the new version like 1Password7. I used to use the 240min timeout as my computer is secure and only requires it once a day. With the max value of 1 hour, I have to enter my password more often than preferred. The new version focuses on short rather than long timeouts like previous versions.

1Password Version: 8.5.0
Extension Version: 2.1.4
OS Version: 11.6.2

Comments

• Hi @mdvzo:

I can definitely see how this would be useful, so I've added your input to an existing feature request for this. Thanks for your feedback!

Jack

ref: dev/projects/customer-feature-requests#1072

• mdvzo
    mdvzo
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks Jack

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

On behalf of Jack, you are very welcome @mdvzo :)

• mdvzo
    mdvzo
    Community Member
    Options

Any update on this? Seems like a pretty easy fix and much needed. I turned off all locking because every hour is way to extreme but now it never locks unless I lock it manually.

• Hi @mdvzo πŸ‘‹, thanks for checking in. No updates on this yet but we'll be sure to make an announcement in the forums when we have something to share. And we'll keep the updates and improvements coming generally!

• mdvzo
    mdvzo
    Community Member
    Options

I see that 1P 8 is going production and this feature never made it in. ☹️ Seems like a much-needed and easy fix.

• dteare
    Options

Thank you for bringing this issue back up, @mdvzo.

I agree with you that we need some longer timeouts, otherwise folks like yourself will just disable the inactivity timeout entirely.

I have just opened a merge request to add options for 4 and 8 hours to the dropdown. Assuming the review goes well this will be available in next week's beta.

Thanks again for reminding us that this was important to you. Take care and stay safe out there. πŸ‘‹

++dave;
    1Password Founder

• dteare
    Options

There's a present in today's beta for you, @mdvzo. πŸ™‚

++dave;
    1Password Founder

• mdvzo
    mdvzo
    Community Member
    Options

Thank you, Dave, much appreciated! Quick question, does Idle time include if the machine is asleep during the 8 hour period?

• rob
    Options

Hey, @mdvzo. I checked with our team on this and it sounds like yes. We pay attention to screensaver and sleep events and count that time in the auto-lock calculations.

• mdvzo
    mdvzo
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks, I validated it does via testing. πŸ™‚

• rob
    Options

Perfect πŸ‘

This discussion has been closed.