1Password 8 is appalling - what is the wrong you 1password.

Options
apb123
apb123
Community Member

I'm not a great forum user but feel compelled to write about my feelings for 1password 8.

Im not a programmer but is it just a web app wrapper. It seems to be just a wrapper for the web app. All the organisation has changed, preferences have changes and simplified to just a few simple settings.

It does a weird thing where if you move the mouse it seems to anticipate where you have moved without clicking the mouse, so items will be highlight just by moving the mouse which is very confusing.

You cant change the icons. I have spent years nurturing my icons so I can identify more easily the passwords.

It is glaring white like a halogen floodlight beam at you, there doesn't seem to be any dark mode setting.

I would like the 1password team to take some time to reflect. I am very disappointed in you.

It seems to slow down to the longer your use it.

It is often good to think of top level goals...but what positive can be taken from this. It seems from security..its worse, User experience worse, Speed - worse...

1Password Version: 1password 8
Extension Version: 8.4.0
OS Version: 12.1

Comments

• Kakkoister2
    Kakkoister2
    Community Member
    Options

What is the issue here? Remember if you are using 1P in early access, you have to remember usually that is a new build everyday. What is this white flash you are seeing?

• yfan7
    yfan7
    Community Member
    Options

Hi! I just wanted the categories in the sidebar because it’s so much more useful instead of vaults.
    Why can’t there be a setting so the user can decide and customize to our personal needs?

• apb123
    apb123
    Community Member
    Options

Its blinding white. Dark mode needed urgently.

• Generic1PasswordUser
    Options

Dark mode is there?

This discussion has been closed.