1Password 8 Safari Stops Unlocking After Awhile

Options
Matt Boettger
Matt Boettger
Community Member
edited December 2021 in 1Password in the Browser

Not sure if I'm the only one who has this or if this is known....ever since I started using 1Password 8 (which I love!) with my Safari browser on the Mac, 1password will just stop unlocking. I need to close Safari down and reopen it to get it working again. Annoying but hopefully will be fixed soon?

1Password Version: 8.5.0
Extension Version: 2.1.4
OS Version: 12.0.1

Comments

• ag_chantelle
    edited January 2022
    Options

@Matt Boettger

Under what circumstances are you finding this is happening? Is it at random, or does it happen after Safari has been running for a particular amount of time? Have you since updated to macOS 12.1 and continue to experience the issue there?

• Matt Boettger
    Matt Boettger
    Community Member
    Options

It isn't so much random. It is just when safari is open for an hour or two. I need to close and then relaunch it to work. Will update to 12.1 now and let you know how it goes. Thanks!

• Sounds good @Matt Boettger! Let us know if you have any trouble after the update.

• Matt Boettger
    Matt Boettger
    Community Member
    Options

Sorry for the delay. It still kind of "times out" after some period of time with Safari open even with the update. I have to usually quit and relaunch Safari a handful of times a day to keep 1password activated.

• @Matt Boettger

By chance, do yo have both 1Password 7 and 8 installed and active at the same time?

• Matt Boettger
    Matt Boettger
    Community Member
    Options

No, I removed 7 a while ago as it was causing problems. Right now, in my applications folder, I just have 1Password 8 and 1Password for Safari 2.2.1 installed.

This discussion has been closed.