Using CMD + \ shortcut when not logged in

Options

In a previous version of 1password, if I was not logged in, invoking the CMD + \ shortcut would immediately prompt me for my password which then (once authenticated) proceeded with the autofill without any additional clicks or commits (unless I had more than one login for the site in question).

In the current version the CMD + \ shortcut doesn't seem to work if I'm not logged in.

I get the pop-up menu next to the appropriate fields in the website I'm visiting, but that requires a click to "open 1password", and then even after I authenticate I need to click or arrow/enter to select a login (even if I only have one for this site).

I can use the CMD + SHIFT + X shortcut to open the extension (which immediately asks for my password), but that leaves me with the 1password extension "open" over the browser window which again requires more clicks or keypresses to close and get back to my flow.

Once authenticated, using CMD + \ works just fine. But if I have an aggressive lock policy I find I'm having to fiddle a lot more every time I need to use 1password.

My ideal flow:

• 1password is locked
  • I press CTRL + \ on a login page
  • 1password immediately prompts for my password
  • I enter it and hit "Enter"
  • 1password autofills the form and submits (unless I have more than one login for that site, then it opens the pop-up menu in the first field so I can select the appropriate account to use).

Is there a setting I'm missing in the new version to do this? Or did it change for a good reason?

Thank you.

1Password Version: 7.9.2
Extension Version: 2.1.4
OS Version: macOS 11.6.2

Comments

This discussion has been closed.