Feature Request: Security Question Gibberish

Options
lotusone
lotusone
Community Member

After the google paper [1] came out, my suspicion that security question are net negative for security was strengthened. For a while, I have been creating unique gibberish to answer them. Among other reasons, if one site is hacked the security questions have the same protection as unique passwords.

I usually use the "memorable" generator in 1P with 3 words (the minimum) and then lop off the last two. Since I want the word to be easily pronounceable in case I have to give it over the phone, sometimes I have to generate multiple times to get such a word. I don't care that the word fits the question i.e. mother's name might be "chair".

Which brings me to my feature request: A fourth "Security Question" password generator type that produces one or two easily pronounceable words.

Thanks for an awesome app!

1. http://static.googleusercontent.com/media/research.google.com/en/us/pubs/archive/43783.pdf

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided

Comments

• Ben
    Options

Hey @lotusone,

Request granted! ;)

Create unique answers to security questions

Just kidding. I wish I could snap my fingers and will features into existence. But in all seriousness, this feature is already available in 1Password 8. v8 is currently available on Windows and Linux, and is in beta for Mac.

Ben

• lotusone
    lotusone
    Community Member
    Options

Cool, thanks for the update!

• Ben
    Options

You're welcome! If we can be of further assistance, please don't hesitate to contact us.

Ben

This discussion has been closed.