Quit Chrome doesnt seem to "permanently" lock 1P

Options
jmjm
jmjm
Community Member
edited December 2021 in 1Password in the Browser

I had thought chrome://quit in the address bar would lock 1P. And it does initially after again opening Chrome but then very soon" after I see that the lock symbol is gone. What am I misunderstanding about this 'address'?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: 2.1.4
OS Version: Not Provided

Comments

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @jmjm!

What makes you think that quitting Chrome would also quit 1Password?

• jmjm
    jmjm
    Community Member
    Options

Sorry, I clearly have made a faux pas. I see that one must truly exit Chrome to force 1P in the browser to lock.

How about deleting this thread @ag_ana :| ?

(But what I do notice is that if one uses chrome://quit and then immediately reopens Chrome, it will show the lock symbol for 1P...for a second or two whereas simply selecting x in the top corner of Chrome and then doing a reopen Chrome, no such lock appears.)

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@jmjm:

No worries, I wanted to make sure I was not misunderstanding the request :+1: :)

(But what I do notice is that if one uses chrome://quit and then immediately reopens Chrome, it will show the lock symbol for 1P...for a second or two

This is normal, I think it's the time required for the browser extension to connect to the 1Password desktop app, and confirm that it should actually be unlocked.

whereas simply selecting x in the top corner of Chrome and then doing a reopen Chrome, no such lock appears.)

For confirmation, is this on Windows or on Mac? And can you confirm the exact version of the 1Password app that you are using?

• jmjm
    jmjm
    Community Member
    Options

2.1.4 on a windows 10 machine

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@jmjm:

I am not a Windows expert, but I wonder if there is a difference between simply closing Chrome, and quitting it completely, similar to what happens on the Mac. Perhaps that is the reason for the delay in one case, but not in the other (where maybe Chrome keeps indeed running, perhaps in the background).

This discussion has been closed.