new 1password installation offers old accounts to sign into

Options
anthonygiuliano
anthonygiuliano
Community Member

When I installed 1password 8, it seems to find any accounts I have signed into in the past to make it easier to sign in again. Just wondering where that information comes from. In addition to my current account, it found a very old test account I had created and I'd like to remove any references to it altogether.

1Password Version: 8.5.0
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Mac 12.1

Comments

• Ben
    Options

Hi @anthonygiuliano

The results for that screen come from iCloud Keychain. If you've deleted the account in question, and you try to sign into it from the app, it should then recognize the account has been deleted and remove it. I hope that helps!

Ben

• anthonygiuliano
    anthonygiuliano
    Community Member
    Options

I see, thanks! Apparently it's not deleted. I was able to sign in and it's letting me know that the account is frozen. I can't sign in to it though because I don't have the secret key, and the instructions here may be for 1password 7 (https://support.1password.com/secret-key/#find-your-secret-key-in-the-1password-apps)

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@anthonygiuliano:

I was able to sign in and it's letting me know that the account is frozen. I can't sign in to it though because I don't have the secret key,

Can you please elaborate on this? It sounds like you are able to sign into it, but you then say that you can't because of the missing Secret Key. Which one is it? Thank you!

• anthonygiuliano
    anthonygiuliano
    Community Member
    Options

Sorry that was really confusing to reread lol. I can sign into the vault locally on the desktop app. It didn't ask for the key, I guess because it's in my iCloud keychain like Ben suggested? I tried logging into the browser to delete it, and that's where I'm stuck. I also tried searching Keychain Access but nothing jumped out to me.

This discussion has been closed.