Text expansion blocked by 1password

Options
freyman
freyman
Community Member

I am using Alfred v4.6.1 alongside 1Password 8.

Alfred has a feature to expand text which they call "Snippets". This feature is not working and a display message in Alfred reads:
"1Password seems to be preventing text expansion by locking secure entry"

I've looked through the settings in 1Password 8 and cannot find how to alter this setting.

Is it possible to disable the secure entry so I can use this Alfred feature?

1Password Version: 8.5.0 80500057, on BETA channel
Extension Version: 2.2.0
OS Version: macOS 12.1 (21C52)

Comments

• Hi @freyman:

Thanks for asking! To confirm, are Alfred snippets not working just in 1Password 8, or across all apps on your Mac when this is occurring? We use Secure Input to ensure that no other applications can read what you're entering into your vaults. If an item is in edit mode, then applications attempting to read or modify what you type may run into issues.

If you're running into issues using the Snippets after editing an item, logging in and logging out should get everything working again.

Jack

• freyman
    freyman
    Community Member
    Options

@jack.platten thanks for the information.

I've done some additional testing and have verified snippets are working outside of 1Password.

Nothing to see here, move along... :chuffed:

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Understood @freyman, thank you for the update :)

• mdvzo
    mdvzo
    Community Member
    Options

I have noticed this problem with Alfred Text expansion in the latest update of 1Paasword8 8.60 and Alfred 4.6.2. 1Password blocks secure input. I know this has been a known issue with Terminal for a long time, but only recently, with the latest release of 1Password, have seen this issue. The problem is usually fixed if I quit and restart Alfred.

• kevinebaugh
    kevinebaugh
    Community Member
    Options

This happens occasionally, hard to pinpoint (and hard to point the finger at 1Password every time).

Ran into it just now with 1Password for Mac 8.9.4 80904012, on BETA channel. Monterey 12.5.1 (21G83), MacBook Air (M1, 2020)

This discussion has been closed.