1Password 8 date and time formats

Mike13Mike13
Community Member

1Password 8 doesn't respect my date and time format settings:

My preferences in Windows are:

How to make 1Password to honor system settings?

1Password Version: 8.4.1
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Windows 10 x64 Version 21H2

Comments

• Jack.P_1PJack.P_1P

Team Member

Hi @Mike13:

Thanks for asking about this. This is an issue we're currently tracking, so I've added you to our internal issue on this.

Jack

ref: dev/core/core#8747

• Mike13Mike13
    Community Member

Any timeline/roadmap when this will be released?

• Jack.P_1PJack.P_1P

Team Member

Hi @Mike13:

Thanks for following up, and I do apologize for the delay because of the holidays. Generally we tend to keep things pretty close to the chest, so I don't have an update for you just yet.

Jack

• snowmensnowmen
    Community Member

Same problem on Linux.

• Jack.P_1PJack.P_1P

Team Member

Hey @snowmen:

Thanks for adding your input, I've added you to the issue I mentioned above.

Jack

• joelfinchjoelfinch
    Community Member

I would like to be added to track this item too please, and I want to say that I'm very unimpressed that your team knew about this issue for over six months and went ahead with the launch of your new version without fixing it. That reflects badly on your company. You've made a big song-and-dance about how it's a "new modern windows integration", and you couldn't even read the date settings. The real problem is that it makes me wonder what else you're not doing correctly, if you can't get the simple stuff right.

• ag_mike_dag_mike_d

Team Member

Hi @joelfinch,

Thanks for your feedback, I've included you thoughts with the issue we're currently tracking internally. I'm sorry that we do not have any additional news to share or a timeframe for this fix to be implemented. Your patience is appreciated.

• wilrunswilruns
    Community Member

appreciate if this can be fixed asap, quite annoying to see the wrong date format (which inevitably leads to a rant about how stupid the US date format is...)

• viswizviswiz
    Community Member

This rather small but quite obvious issue should have been fixed a long time ago.

• ag_mike_dag_mike_d

Team Member

Hi @wilruns and @viswiz,

Thank you both your feedback and sorry for any troubles this has caused you. I've passed on long this feedback to the team. Please keep an eye out for updates in the 1Password 8 release notes.

• gesaragesara
    Community Member
    edited September 21

For someone who grew up in Britain and now lives in Germany, having a choice of date format is vital. There are two formats I use:
    DD.MM.YYYY (common in Europe, note we use periods "." instead of slashes "/"
    YYYY-MM-DD I use this format for filenames and anything that needs to be sorted by date. This is the most logical format that I believe is standard in Japan.
    MM/DD/YYYY is the American format and the one I hate to use. It is confusing and neither sortable nor logical.

For 1Password to not support something simple like this, surprises me. If I had known this before switching, I would have looked for a different password manager. The fact that people have been asking for this for months and they even release version 8 without fixing this, does not give me much confidence in the company's ability to listen to their customer's needs. If there is not some sign of them actually fixing this, that should not be that difficult, then I will have to consider other password managers. I use dates too much for this to be acceptable.

• AliH1PAliH1P

Team Member

Hey @gesara, thank you for your feedback. I understand this issue is a deal breaker for you, I'll share your comment with the team. I apologize that we don't have any other updates to share at the moment but our team is working on this. We greatly appreciate your patience.

Ali

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file