feature request: change calendar date format

Options
MStyle
MStyle
Community Member

It looks like the only calendar date format currently available in 1Password is MM/DD/YYYY. I prefer YYYY-MM-DD, and some may prefer DD/MM/YYYY or DD-MM-YYYY, etc.

It would be great to have several options, including these from Windows 10:

For now, as a workaround I create a text field and type the date in my preferred format. However I would rather use the date field which offers a convenient pop-up calendar:

1Password Version: 8.4.1
Extension Version: 2.1.4
OS Version: Windows 10 Pro 21H1

Comments

• Hi @MStyle:

Thanks for your feedback on this. We currently have an open issue tracking this, so I've added your input :smile:

Jack

ref: dev/core/core#8747

• Jacko246
    Jacko246
    Community Member
    Options

Hi @jack.platten ,
    Any further updates on alternatives to the date format? I despise the MM/DD/YYYY format and would love some other options.

New user and so far enjoying the experience :)

Jack.

• Hey @Jacko246 (and fellow Jack :sunglasses:):

Thanks for asking! While I don't have a timeline for you just yet, I've added your feedback to the issue I mentioned above. Glad to hear you're enjoying 1Password so far, and be sure to get in touch if you need anything in the future! :smile:

Jack

• boban
    boban
    Community Member
    Options

I had previously contacted customer support about this very issue, and I was quite disappointed to see that it was not fixed in the latest major release (8.5.0) which I have just upgraded to.
    It seems like this should be a minor fix, and I find it hard to understand why it's taking so long to sort out.
    Could you somebody from 1Password shed some light on this?

• Hi @boban, I do apologize that this feature hasn't been updated yet. We're still improving things all the time, and haven't forgotten about this one - there are just many priorities to balance and requests to implement that are important for different customers. But we'll make sure to announce in the release notes (and likely in the forums) when we have news on this particular feature. 👍

• jjaswantt
    jjaswantt
    Community Member
    Options

Hi, In continuation to the above, is there any update when this feature will be added?
    Fixing the date format will be great and make app more user friendly, especially when one is trying to change/update old passwords.

• ag_mike_d
    edited October 2022
    Options

Hello @jjaswantt,

Thanks for your question. The team is getting closer to an update here, but unable share a timeframe. You check our 1Password Releases for feature updates and fixes like this. We appreciate your patience.

• boban
    boban
    Community Member
    Options

I have to say I find @ag_mike_d 's response quite disappointing considering he is a "Team Member", because, if he'd taken the time and made the effort to actually look into this properly, he should have given the proper answer as:
    "This was fixed back in June with 1Password for Windows 8.7.1, as per the release notes at https://releases.1password.com/windows/8.7/#1password-for-windows-8.7.1"

The current production release for Windows is 8.9.5 and the date format is working correctly (at least on my Windows PC).

• Hi @boban,

Thank you for correcting my error here.

@jjaaswantt, this information is correct, as of version 8.7.1, the app does now display the specific item date field format as selected in your operating system’s settings.

Related, we're continuing to make improvements to places where dates do not match your operating system’s settings such modified and created dates as below:

Thanks!

This discussion has been closed.