Focus password field on startup

burn123
burn123
Community Member

When first logging into 1password, if the main window is opened because I clicked "Open 1password" in the browser, the three dots in the corner are focused, instead of the password box, so I will often type half my password before realizing that it's not going into the input box. It would be nice if the password field was focused instead

1Password Version: 8.4.1
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided

Comments

• Hi @burn123:

This definitely isn't what we want you to be experiencing when trying to unlock 1Password! To investigate as to what could be causing the focus shifting, how are you launching 1Password? From the Start menu, from the taskbar, from a desktop shortcut? Let me know, and I'll be able to dig in a bit further with you.

Jack

• burn123
    burn123
    Community Member

@jack.platten This happens when I press control + shift + period when in the browser. So if the browser opens the main app window, then the focus is in the wrong spot

• Hey @burn123:

Thanks for the specifics. I've done some checking on our end, and it does appear that this is an issue we're tracking. We're still working to fully sort out this behavior, so keep an eye out for updates in the future!

Jack

ref: dev/core/core#9911

This discussion has been closed.