1Password 8 for Windows, some thoughts

Options
1PNY
1PNY
Community Member

I used the 1Password 8 for Windows for a week. I had to uninstall it and go back to the old version. (It wouldn't even let me install 7 and 8 side-by-side so I could try 8 on occasion "just in case.")

The key problem for me is that the search functionality is just... terrible. I can't find what I need, it looks in vaults I never want to search in, it doesn't find things in all fields (i.e., if I search for "asdf" and there is a field NAMED "asdf" it won't find that card), it doesn't do an incremental search showing matching things without that stupid "search box underneath dropdown," etc.

On top of it all, it takes more screen space and shows less information. It's overall, in my opinion, a terrible "upgrade" that goes far backward in usability. I'm glad the version 7 still works. I don't plan to upgrade again.

I am posting this in case anyone else is interested in switching to 1Password 8 and has absolutely massive password libraries like I do (well over 1,000 active passwords, and over 3,000 including archived ones).

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Windows 10

This discussion has been closed.