Number of users for "Family plan"

Options
hardtofin
hardtofin
Community Member

Can someone explain to me how the family plan works please. On the 1password website it says "per family of 5" in the pricing section, but then below it it says "invite up to 5 guests for limited sharing" which would be 6.

I have the families plan and have 5 people using it (including myself). I have just added a 6th and expected it to say that it was going to bill me for one extra user, however, it simply just added the user, so i now have 6 users listed as "Active". Myself and 5 others.

Does the 6th person only have access to shared vaults or something, and no access to their own? Essentially i want all 6 users to be able to run their own 1password vaults and be able to have the latest version of the software with updates available to them when they are released.

I'm confused, please help :)

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: MacOS Monterey

Comments

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@hardtofin:

On the 1password website it says "per family of 5" in the pricing section, but then below it it says "invite up to 5 guests for limited sharing" which would be 6.

5 people can use a 1Password Families account, and you can add 5 guests in addition to those:

Share with guests in 1Password Families

I have the families plan and have 5 people using it (including myself). I have just added a 6th and expected it to say that it was going to bill me for one extra user, however, it simply just added the user, so i now have 6 users listed as "Active". Myself and 5 others.

You should be billed for the additional user automatically in the next invoice :+1:

Does the 6th person only have access to shared vaults or something, and no access to their own?

No, the additional user is a regular user :)

• hardtofin
    hardtofin
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks for this. I don't know if it's cos i had ad blockers etc running, but when i added the 6th user it gave me no information or notification about anything, not even any intention to bill me.

I simply got an email a few hours later telling me my account had been debited by which point of course it was too late to do anything about it. Is that how the system is supposed to work? If so, it's not very good in my opinion as i had no clue about anything until i found out the money had been taken from my account.

This discussion has been closed.