Auto-filling password that combines password + otp value

Options
jbroomfi
jbroomfi
Community Member

I am currently stuck trying to autofill a login I have for an application that requires a password value that combines the usual password value + a OTP value that changes every 60 seconds.

1Password allows me to setup the OTP as it's a standard MFA token providing a 6 digit value with a 60s lifetime, after which a new value is generated.

What I haven't been able to figure out is how to persuade 1Password to combine both the password and the OTP value and paste it into the password field of the web app I'm using. The app allows me to configure the password (with MFA enabled) as either;

OTP + password, or
Password + OTP

e.g.
Username: mylogin.forapp
Password: *Sup3rSecr3t2021# + 123456

I have OTP enabled on plenty of other apps/services where the OTP is requested in a separate field and 1Password works happily with those applications. It's only an issue where the site in question requires that the OTP code be combined with the password.

Currently, I'm having to copy/paste the username and password values into the web app login and then copy the OTP and append that to the password field. It would be nice to be able to have this done via auto-fill completely if possible.

Has anyone else managed to get this to work with 1Password?

I've been using 1Password for a good few years now and use it on both Mac, Windows and Apple iOS devices. I've tried with both the classic Mac/Windows versions as well as the new v8 version for Windows and the v8 Beta for Mac but I've not found anything for either platform that allows me to do an autofill login for this app.

1Password Version: V8 Mac/Windows
Extension Version: 2.1.4 (Edge)
OS Version: MacOS 12.1

Comments

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@jbroomfi:

This is not a supported filling option, but I can see how this could be useful to you, so while I cannot make any promises, I can tell you that I have shared your feedback internally as a feature request :)

Once again, thank you and have a wonderful day!

ref: dev/projects/customer-feature-requests#134

This discussion has been closed.