Incorrect domain detected

lordzsolt
lordzsolt
Community Member
edited December 2021 in iOS

Followup to the discussion here:
https://1password.community/discussion/116293/how-does-1password-find-a-password-for-a-specific-application-how-to-bind-a-login-to-a-specific-app

It seems 1Password is only using the last entry in the Associated Domains list.

• I have an app (am the developer, so I can see what are the associated domains), there are 3 domains associated with it.
  • I have a login, that has the first domain from the "Associated domains array" in the "website" field in 1Password.
  • However, 1Password only seems to detect the last entry in Associated domains array.

This leads me to always get the popup "1Password is not able to verify if Domain3 should have access to this login".

You can see from the documentation and screenshots in Xcode that this value is an array, not a single string entry:

https://developer.apple.com/documentation/xcode/supporting-associated-domains

1Password Version: 7.9.3
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: iOS 15.2

Comments

• Hi @lordzsolt

I've asked our iOS development folks to look into whether we have the ability to consider the whole array here. :+1: Thanks for taking the time to write in about this.

Ben

• @lordzsolt

After speaking with development, it appears you're exactly right: we're only grabbing one of the items from the array. In theory we should be able to capture the whole array. I'm not sure we'll be able to change it for v7 at this point, but I have filed an issue for v8. 🤞🏻 Thanks for bringing this to our attention!

Ben

ref: dev/core/core#12002

• lordzsolt
    lordzsolt
    Community Member

@Ben thanks for the prompt reply :)

Looking forward to it.

• Hey @lordzsolt

Our development team is asking if you're app is available on the App Store, or if you know of any other apps that have multiple associated domains.

Thanks!

Ben

This discussion has been closed.