Legacy storage of older (than ver 7) versions of 1Password

Options
henkd
henkd
Community Member

I use 1PW since 2011, so I think I compiled some legacy which I like to clean up. I have 3 questions:

1. Where does 1PW ver 7 stores the vault(s)? In earlier days the path to the vault was displayed in the 1PW preferences, however not anymore.
  2. For many years I used dropbox to store my vault and accessed it with MacOS and iOS devices. I think I can safely discard these files now, but I'm not sure or this legacy plays any role in my current multi device 1PW ver 7 set up
  3. While managing my iCloud storage on my Mac thru the macOS sys prefs application (AppleID) I found a 1Password entry. I'm not aware that I ever stored my vault in the iCloud. I can't find the files while browsing iCloud Drive in Finder. The macOS sys prefs there is an option to delete these files. Can I safely delete these files without disrupting my multi device use of 1PW version 7?

Happy to learn more and txs for responding
happy new year
Henk

1Password Version: 7.9.2
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: macOS 11.6
Referrer: forum-search:storage

Comments

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@henkd:

Where does 1PW ver 7 stores the vault(s)? In earlier days the path to the vault was displayed in the 1PW preferences, however not anymore.

This is the path: ~/Library/Group Containers/2BUA8C4S2C.com.agilebits/Library/Application Support/1Password :+1:

For many years I used dropbox to store my vault and accessed it with MacOS and iOS devices. I think I can safely discard these files now, but I'm not sure or this legacy plays any role in my current multi device 1PW ver 7 set up

Are you still syncing your data via Dropbox? If not, you can remove the files from your Dropbox folder if you want to clean up.

While managing my iCloud storage on my Mac thru the macOS sys prefs application (AppleID) I found a 1Password entry. I'm not aware that I ever stored my vault in the iCloud. I can't find the files while browsing iCloud Drive in Finder. The macOS sys prefs there is an option to delete these files. Can I safely delete these files without disrupting my multi device use of 1PW version 7?

Vaults stored in iCloud don't show up in iCloud Drive, so that is normal. Have you ever synced data to iCloud, or do you have any devices that sync data there? From what you wrote, it sounds like you created a vault on iCloud by mistake.

The macOS sys prefs there is an option to delete these files.

Are you sure this is potentially a 1Password vault? 1Password stores some preferences in iCloud, I wonder if perhaps that's what you are referring to. Do you perhaps have a screenshot?

This discussion has been closed.