Early Access: Quick Access Pops Up At Bottom Of Screen (MacBook Pro - macOS 12.1)

After restarting the app (or computer), it defaults to showing up at bottom of my MacBook machine (Apple Silicon), and that means it cuts off the search results, etc.

1Password Version: 80500057
Extension Version: latest
OS Version: macOS 12.1.x

Comments

• AustriaXXL
    AustriaXXL
    Community Member

Same here with my MacPro - results are unreadable....

• nimvio
    nimvio
    Community Member
    edited January 2022

Thanks @AustriaXXL for posting your experience. Hope this can help the developers to squash out the bugs!

• @nimvio @AustriaXXL

Thanks for sharing the reports. Of note, I do not see this on the latest nightly. Does either of you happen to use an additional display, by chance? I know there was some work completed recently for additional displays. From your description, it sounds like that may not be the case, but I thought I would check.

• AustriaXXL
    AustriaXXL
    Community Member

@ag_tommy @nimvio

Mysterious, but today the "Quick Access Window" opens at a comfortable position on my display.
    By the way, I did not use any additional display when posting my previous comment.
    Actually I have installed version: 1Password for Mac 8.5.0 80500057, im Kanal „BETA“.

• That's odd, but welcome news. Please keep an eye on it and let us know if things change.

• AustriaXXL
    AustriaXXL
    Community Member

Bad news @ag_tommy @nimvio
    after today´s update to version: 1Password for Mac 8.5.0 80500079, im Kanal „BETA“
    the bug reappeared.

• P4sca1
    P4sca1
    Community Member

You can move the Quick access window with the mouse and it will reopen at the same position the next time.

• AustriaXXL
    AustriaXXL
    Community Member

Hi @P4sca1 what you describe is a workaround - I am looking forward to get the bug solved by the developers :)

• nimvio
    nimvio
    Community Member

@ag_tommy , like @AustriaXXL , I don't use a second display (at least not recently, since using Early Access). I updated to the latest version (as of writing: Jan 12th release), and the issue still occurs. I think it can be replicated by restarting the Mac and the app.

• Hi @nimvio, we are definitely interested in this. Just to confirm: are there any other display variables you can think of in your setup that might be worth noting? Or is it happening on a relatively straightforward, single-monitor setup?

• sullimander
    sullimander
    Community Member

I would love if there was an option to always have quick access open in the center of the screen, even if I move it, the next time it opens in the center.

• Roger that, @sullimander - just noting for myself and others who may find this thread that we've discussed this further in the other thread. 👍

• greggmc
    greggmc
    Community Member

Came here looking for a fix for this. I am on a M1 Mini with two attached screens. Quick access will be nearly off the screen. I can move it and it will then stay in that location. Using "80500103, on BETA channel"

• AustriaXXL
    AustriaXXL
    Community Member

Hello @nimvio @ag_tommy @P4sca1 @PeterG_1P @greggmc

with the latest update the "problem" looks to be solved.
    Cheers!

• Hey @AustriaXXL that's great news - and if you do encounter any further issues, we'll definitely want to know! 👍

Anyone else seeing a resolution of this issue with the 8.6.0 update?

• nimvio
    nimvio
    Community Member
    edited February 2022

@AustriaXXL , @PeterG_1P , it looks like it's fixed in the latest release, 80600006. The Quick Access seems to be opening towards the upper part of the screen (about 2/5ths the way down from the top). This is good!

• Thanks for the update @nimvio. 🎉

Ben

This discussion has been closed.