Early Access: Quick Access Pops Up At Bottom Of Screen (MacBook Pro - macOS 12.1)

After restarting the app (or computer), it defaults to showing up at bottom of my MacBook machine (Apple Silicon), and that means it cuts off the search results, etc.

1Password Version: 80500057
Extension Version: latest
OS Version: macOS 12.1.x

Comments

• Same here with my MacPro - results are unreadable....

• nimvionimvio
    edited January 3

Thanks @AustriaXXL for posting your experience. Hope this can help the developers to squash out the bugs!

• ag_tommyag_tommy

Team Member

@nimvio @AustriaXXL

Thanks for sharing the reports. Of note, I do not see this on the latest nightly. Does either of you happen to use an additional display, by chance? I know there was some work completed recently for additional displays. From your description, it sounds like that may not be the case, but I thought I would check.

• @ag_tommy @nimvio

Mysterious, but today the "Quick Access Window" opens at a comfortable position on my display.
    By the way, I did not use any additional display when posting my previous comment.
    Actually I have installed version: 1Password for Mac 8.5.0 80500057, im Kanal „BETA“.

• ag_tommyag_tommy

Team Member

That's odd, but welcome news. Please keep an eye on it and let us know if things change.

• Bad news @ag_tommy @nimvio
    after today´s update to version: 1Password for Mac 8.5.0 80500079, im Kanal „BETA“
    the bug reappeared.

• You can move the Quick access window with the mouse and it will reopen at the same position the next time.

• Hi @P4sca1 what you describe is a workaround - I am looking forward to get the bug solved by the developers :)

• @ag_tommy , like @AustriaXXL , I don't use a second display (at least not recently, since using Early Access). I updated to the latest version (as of writing: Jan 12th release), and the issue still occurs. I think it can be replicated by restarting the Mac and the app.

• PeterG_1PPeterG_1P

Team Member

Hi @nimvio, we are definitely interested in this. Just to confirm: are there any other display variables you can think of in your setup that might be worth noting? Or is it happening on a relatively straightforward, single-monitor setup?

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file