Impossible to sync 1 Password7 with dropbox (old file Agilekeychain there, but no OPVault format)

Options
Mary33
Mary33
Community Member

Seriously going out of my mind here. Would greatly appreciate your help.

I need to do a fresh install on new MacBook Pro. I use 1password 6 on old Mac with a dropbox sync and AgileKeychain file. After many, many attempts, I somehow succeeded in uploading what I think are all of my data of the 1password6 into the new 1password 7 app downloaded from the App Store . But there is no sync at all anymore, seams to be only on that specific Mac. Tried to follow instruction in preference of the 7 version to synchronize with dropbox, but only said it has imported data but only the agile keychain file remains. no sign of an OPVault file. And the data remains the same in the app.

Please tell me, step by step, how to reestablish a dropbox sync with the new OPVault format ?

1Password Version: 7.9.2
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: MAC 11.6

Comments

• DavidMBrown
    DavidMBrown
    Community Member
    Options

As I recall from my years of using 1Password with the old AgileKeychain format vault sync'ed by Dropbox (before I switched to OPvault format and then gave up and switched again to a 1Password account), you'll have to let Dropbox keep the .agilekeychain file on your computer; in other words, you can't set it to "online-only" or let Dropbox "smart sync" it—the vault file has to be local.

Does the Dropbox folder structure on your local computer contain the .agilekeychain file, and does it appear to be encouragingly non-zero in size?

P.S. Hey, AgileBits, shouldn't there be an "official" reply to this, by now?

• DavidMBrown
    DavidMBrown
    Community Member
    edited January 2022
    Options

• Mary33
    Mary33
    Community Member
    Options

I thank you very much David. I just saw you response, very informative and generous. And Agilebit question is on point ! Since I am new to the chat and had no idea if I would ever get an answer, I actually gave up and went directly to the subscription. Transfert is now done. Maybe that’s the point to not dividend the info upright. But I admit it works very well. Thanks again 😊

• I'm sorry, about the lack of a reply. You caught us some of the staff were away for the holidays. It looks as if your post slipped between the cracks. You are always welcome to bump the topic after a reasonable amount of time has passed and bring it to the top of the conversation list.

• jc243
    jc243
    Community Member
    edited January 2022
    Options

A variation on question. I have 1Password account. Switched to new MBP. The main vault shared for the office is in keychain format in a unique Dropbox folder originally setup by an IT consultant . I am trying to import it into opvault. It requests a keychain password. My master password does not work. I don't know what is being requested by "keychain password". What am I supposed to be using here?

This discussion has been closed.