2FA stuck in "endless" loop

Options
Huuuze
Huuuze
Community Member
edited January 2022 in iOS

I just upgraded to 1Password.com services and enabled 2FA. Unfortunately, a new headache has appeared.

When I unlock 1Password on my iPhone, I'm prompted to enter my 2FA code. I do so and then I'm immediately prompted to enter it again after clicking "Confirm Code". This process is endless -- enter code, click confirm, prompted to enter code again.

Eventually, I gave up and clicked "Not Now". Frustratingly, the same 2FA prompt reappears! I clicked Not Now multiple times out of frustration and it eventually takes me to the app.

Not a great first experience with 2FA and the 1Password service, so I'm hoping there's an obvious answer to this problem!

Note: 2FA works as expected on the desktop and web app.

1Password Version: 7.9.3
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: 15.2

Comments

• @Huuuze

We've had reports that, in some cases, an issue arises during the authentication process (e.g. bad connection, accidentally dismissing the prompt, the OS killing 1Password (after switching away from it) where it can get it into a "loop" like what you seem to be describing.

Are you able to login if you open your code generator first and memorize or copy the code before attempting authenticating in 1Password? Please be sure not to switch away from 1Password at the authentication prompt. If you can authenticate this way, that's great.

• Huuuze
    Huuuze
    Community Member
    edited January 2022
    Options

I was able to kill 1P, memorize the code, and successfully login. Not a great workflow, but it does work.

• @Huuuze

My apologies for that. We are aware it is not ideal. Hopefully, the dev team can give this problem some TLC.

This discussion has been closed.