Button to add a shared item to my vault is missing

Options

Hi,

According to the blog post, when I am logged into 1p in my browser, there should be a button to add a shared item to my vault. However, I am not seeing one. I am using latest Safari, Mac Monterey, logged in both to the web and native 1p app with extension installed. Everything else works

here is a screenshot from the blog

and here is an example of what I see

1Password Version: 7.9.2
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: macOS 12.0.1

Comments

• @mishamsk

What browser are you using when trying to view the shared item? If you're using 1Password 7 with the Safari App Extension, the Save in 1Password option will not be available there. To be able to add a shared item to your 1Password vault, you'll need to use the new version of 1Password for your browser.

• mishamsk
    mishamsk
    Community Member
    Options

@ag_chantelle thanks for a quick reply. I am using Safari indeed. So what you are saying basically is that Safari is not supported at all since there is no "new version" for Safari. Right?

Any plans to support Safari anytime soon? Seems kinda weird that the second most popular browser in the world (iOS included) is not supported...

• ag_chantelle
    edited January 2022
    Options

@mishamsk

For Safari, the Save in 1Password option for shared items requires the new version of 1Password for Safari. Keep in mind that this version of 1Password for Safari does not integrate with 1Password 7. It can either operate with your 1Password membership separately from the app, or it can integrate with the 1Password 8 for Mac Early Access version.

I recognize that not everyone is as eager to jump to an app that is still in beta, so I'll leave the decision up to you. If you'd prefer to wait until 1Password 8 stable is available, my previous suggestion of using 1Password for your browser with any of our supported browsers, like Chrome, Brave, Firefox or Microsoft Edge is the way to go. This version does integrate with 1Password 7 for Mac.

I hope this helps clear things up!

• mishamsk
    mishamsk
    Community Member
    Options

@ag_chantelle got it. thanks for clarifying that! I have a clever system that can route specific links to specific browsers, so it is very easy for me to use Firefox just for that sole purpose.

And, I've heard about switch to electron for 1p 8, so I am definitely not an early adopter this time. Very happy with the current native app, will hold on for now.

Have a great day and stay safe!

• @mishamsk

You are most welcome! Glad to hear that using Firefox is a reasonable solution for you in the interim. :smile:

This discussion has been closed.