Can't sign in to 1Password windows app from user account

owenw4rd
owenw4rd
Community Member
edited January 2022 in Windows

On my work computer (Windows 10 Enterprise x64) I have two accounts, one is an Admin account and the other is a normal user account.

I can sign in to the 1Password app on the Admin account, but not with the user account. Reinstalling the 1P app made no difference.

I can sign in to 1P using the Firefox browser extension, but not with the 1P windows app from my windows user account.

Is this a bug? I'm a paid subscriber.

Here's the error message:

1Password Version: 8.4.1
Extension Version: 2.1.4
OS Version: Windows 10 Enterprise, Version 20H2, OS build 19042.1415, Windows Feature Experience Pack 120.2212.3920.0

Comments

• owenw4rd
    owenw4rd
    Community Member
    edited January 2022

Can someone please move this post to the Windows section?

• owenw4rd
    owenw4rd
    Community Member
    edited January 2022

Update: I fixed the problem by downgrading to 1P version 7.9.828

The admin account had the older version installed. 1P version 8.4.1 is completely useless. I couldn't sign in on any windows 10 computer with it.

• Jack.P_1P
    edited January 2022

Hi @owenw4rd:

Thanks for the update, and glad to hear you got it working with 1Password 7. Since you mentioned a work device, is your organization using some sort of TLS/SSL inspection/decryption? We've recently resolved some issues with network setups where TLS inspection was in use, and these changes are available in the 1Password 8 for Windows beta. Let me know how that goes!

I've also moved this thread to the Windows section :smile:

Jack

This discussion has been closed.