How can I export my passwords to a .csv file using 1Password v.8.4.1?

Options
harveyzuckerman1
harveyzuckerman1
Community Member
edited January 2022 in Windows

How can I export my passwords to a .csv file using 1Password v.8.4.1? Exporting now only give me a .1pux file which is worthless. Thanks.

1Password Version: 8.4.1
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Win11
Referrer: forum-search:Export to csv using 1Password v. 8

Comments

• Hey @harveyzuckerman1:

Exporting to CSV from 1Password 8 is available in the beta channel. To get started with the beta:

1. Open and unlock 1Password.
    2. Click your account or collection at the top of the sidebar and choose Settings.
    3. Click Advanced, then set “Release channel” to Beta.

Let me know how you get on with that!

Jack

• harveyzuckerman1
    harveyzuckerman1
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks Jack. I was able to do it by reverting back to 1Password 7. But I will move back to 1Password 8 and open the beta. Thanks

• harveyzuckerman1
    harveyzuckerman1
    Community Member
    Options

Hey Jack. So did as you suggested. Still can only export as .1pux file.

• Hi @harveyzuckerman1:

Just to confirm, did 1Password install the beta update? To confirm, open Settings > About and ensure that you're on 1Password 8.5.0-79.

Let me know!

Jack

• harveyzuckerman1
    harveyzuckerman1
    Community Member
    Options

Good call. Said 8.4.1 so ran an update. All good now. Love the change. Thanks!!!

• Happy to hear that worked for you! Let us know if there's anything else we can help with! 💙

• Jeff_v
    Jeff_v
    Community Member
    Options

Hey Jack,

in the future will it be possible to export as csv other text items as "secure notes"?

Thnks

• Hi jeff_v, thanks for your question.

Currently the .CSV format in 1Password 8 includes Logins and Passwords passwords. Exporting 1Password data as a whole is still a work in progress and I can't make any promises but the team is continuing to make improvements to available exporting options. Please keep an eye on our Release Notes for any future changes.

If you haven't already, you can also sign up for our newsletter so you can be informed important news like this: https://1password.com/newsletter

Let us know if you need anything else! :)

This discussion has been closed.