Access camera on MBP

Options
BWman
BWman
Community Member

Hi,

I tried to setup a new account for my wife on my MBP, but I was not able to access an external Logitech camera to scan the credentials. The lid was closed, because the MPB is attached to a much bigger monitor. Other programs don't have any problem to access the Logitech.

In the forum I found a post from November 2020 with the same problem - without a solution.

It's 2022 - does somebody care about the 'little' things.

Regards

• Andreas -

Comments

• Dave_1P
    edited January 2022
    Options

Hello @BWman!

I'm sorry that you've run into an issue when using your Logitech webcam to scan your 1Password account credentials. This is a known issue that our developers are aware of. 1Password for Mac only uses the default camera so, when you try to scan your credentials, the app is trying to activate your Macbook's built-in camera but is being denied by macOS (since the lid is closed).

I've added your report and comments to the internal work item that we have open for the issue. Hopefully this can be improved with a future update. In the meantime, as a workaround, you can use your Macbook's built-in camera to scan your account credentials. :)

ref: dev/apple/issues#5588

• BWman
    BWman
    Community Member
    Options

Hi Dave,

thanks for the response.

Indeed I used the built-in camera, but I thought, it's been way too long on the agenda - November 2020 at least.

Regards

• Andreas -
  • Ben
    Options

@BWman The best we here in customer service/technical support can promise is to gather and record the feedback from customers such as yourself, and advocate for that feedback to be addressed. Dave has done that here for you. :+1:

Ben

This discussion has been closed.