unlocking 1password does not correctly return focus to browser

Options
tylercal
tylercal
Community Member

I'm used to the following sequence ctrl-shift-x, press enter, password on matching site is filled. However, if the vault is locked, focus is not correctly returned to the browser pop-up to autofill. Steps to reproduce:

1. Lock 1password in Chrome
  2. press ctrl-shift-x to bring up 1password (it's locked)
  3. The 1password thick client pops up an authentication window
  4. enter password, press enter
  5. vault is unlocked in chrome and showing, but does not have keyboard focus, ctrl-shift-x does nothing, enter does not autofill, the arrow keys don't navigate the unlocked vault.

1Password Version: 7.8.828
Extension Version: 2.1.4
OS Version: Windows 11

Comments

• Hey @tylercal:

Thanks for asking! I did some testing on my end and was able to replicate this behavior with 1Password 7.

With 1Password 8, pressing ctrl-\ (the default binding for "Fill in Browser") when 1Password is locked will allow you to unlock 1Password, and then show the autofill menu if you have more than one Login item for the website you're on, or immediately fill the matching Login if you have only a single one. Let me know how that goes!

Jack

• tylercal
    tylercal
    Community Member
    Options

odd. updated to 1password 8 (8.4.1), extension 2.2.0 and ctrl-\ does nothing for me. ctrl-shift-space does open quick access and ctrl-shift-L lock the vaults. After repeating these experiments multiple times, ctrl-\ does seem to be working as you described now. Now I'll just have to retrain my brain to the new keyboard shortcut and hope it keeps working :smile:

• Glad to hear that smoothed it out for you @tylercal! :smile:

This discussion has been closed.