1P Chrome extension (not Classic) overrides ALL autofilling, not just for logins

Options

This is basically a duplicate of https://1password.community/discussion/126089/chrome-extension-and-form-fields-autofilling, as the latter has been closed with no solution posted.

Note that I've already disabled 'Show autofill menu on field focus' in the extension's settings, and in my opinion the expected behavior would be for it to reenable Chrome's autofilling, letting me choose when to use 1P's autofill by clicking its icon.

1Password Version: 7.9.828
Extension Version: 2.1.4
OS Version: Windows 10

Comments

• Hi @AG_bruce:

Thanks for asking! While we'd generally recommend using 1Password in the browser for all filling, if you'd prefer to use Chrome's autofill for addresses and credit cards, this can be done by doing the following:

1. Right-click 1Password's icon in Chrome's toolbar > Settings > General > Switch off the "make 1Password the default password manager" option.
    2. Copy and paste this text into Chrome's address bar: chrome://settings/addresses > Press enter > Turn on the "Save and fill addresses" option.
    3. Copy and paste this text into Chrome's address bar: chrome://settings/payments > Press enter > Turn on the "Save and fill payment methods" option.

Let me know how that goes, or if you run into any trouble with that!

Jack

• AG_bruce
    AG_bruce
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks, that worked. For some reason I had thought disabling that option would remove the 1P button from the fields as well, but I should've tried it regardless.

On a sidenote, it's a bit annoying that 1P's autofill suggestions gets hidden beneath Chrome's autofill suggestions. Perhaps you can raise its z-index (or whatever the equivalent would be) to move it on top, or just place it in a different spot when the other is shown.

• @AG_bruce

You're right, we can definitely do better for users who like to allow both password managers to co-exist inline. We have an open feature request for this with our development team, I'll be happy to add your voice to the list of users who would like to see this happen. :smile:

ref: dev/projects/customer-feature-requests#428

• AG_bruce
    AG_bruce
    Community Member
    Options

Thank you, please do.

I should also mention that I'm quite happy overall with 1P, and despite these minor annoyances I do like this new Chrome plugin more than the old one.

• Thank you for your kind words @AG_bruce! :smile:

This discussion has been closed.