1P8 not remembering vault and collection selection

Hi All,

Noticed that lately 1P8 for Windows and macOS is not remembering which vault and collection i select when the computer goes to sleep or the application is locked.

This was an issue with the ER/previous Beta releases then it was fixed and it seems to have crept back in again - is anyone else having this issue, or does anyone know of a fix?

I note that in the most recent release notes it says that vault/collection selection should be remebered in quick access after application restarts...i am not finding that to be the case either, it just defaults to all vaults.

Any help would be great.

Cheers

1Password Version: 80500079 / 8.5.0
Extension Version: 2.2.2 (Beta)
OS Version: Windows 11

Comments

• xazac
    xazac
    Community Member

+1

• Hello @gussic ! Thanks for sharing your feedback! We appreciate every idea that could make 1Password better.

We are aware of this issue and we are working on getting it fixed, hopefully it will be fixed up in an upcoming release.

Thanks again and have a wonderful day! :)

• @gussic & @xazac,

We have released a fix on the latest nightly resolving this issue. If you would like you can update to the nightly now and receive the fix or wait until the feature gets added to the beta and then stable version.

Let us know if you are still having trouble on the latest nightly.

ref: dev/core/core#12068

• gussic
    gussic
    Community Member

@Joshua_ag thanks...i've updated to the latest nightly and not finding that works...any tips on how to trick it into work?

• Hi @gussic,

Thanks so much for the update. Are you seeing the issue of 1Password not remembering your currently selected collection / account after unlocking / re-opening the app in the main window of the app or in Quick Access?

Our team is aware that there is still an issue with Quick Access after unlocking displaying that All Accounts are selected in the dropdown, but actually keeping the correct account/collection's when searching and if you observe the icon. Essentially the dropdown is displaying the wrong information currently.

Is that what you are seeing? Or is something else happening?

ref: dev/core/core#12089

• Hello @gussic ! Thank you for trying the latest Nightly!

We've worked hard to make sure 1Password remembers where you were but there are a few cases we're still working on.

I'd love to get some more information about your setup so we can make sure we capture the issue as accurately as we can.

How many 1Password accounts are you using? (e.g. Do you have a Business 1Password account and a Family 1Password account)

Where were you in the app when it lost your place? Search mode and Tag mode are among the places we don't yet save, so I want to make sure I understand where in the app you were that isn't being persisted properly.

Any other information you have about how you were using the app when it failed to save your location would be super valuable.

Thank you for sharing your feedback and we look forward to getting this fixed up! :)

• gussic
    gussic
    Community Member

Hey @ag_maryam I only have the one account (family) and I was just in the category view of passwords and it didn't save my state/location. My computer locked and 1P locked with it (as intended) and then when I unlocked it was just back at the all items view again.

• gussic
    gussic
    Community Member

Hi @joshua_ag I'm seeing it in both the main window and the quick access.

• Hi @gussic,

Thanks so much for following up to our questions!

We have been trying to reproduce this issue on our end and have been having some difficulty. It would be wonderful if we could look more into your specific set up to see what is going I'd like to ask you to create a diagnostics report from your Mac:

1. Open 1Password.
    2. Click 1Password in the menu bar.
    3. Click Preferences.
    4. Click Advanced in the new window that appears.
    5. Click Send Diagnostics.
    6. Click Reveal.
    7. Attach the .1pdiagnostics file saved in that folder to your email.

Attach the diagnostics to an email message addressed to support+forum@1password.com.

With your email please include:

You should receive an automated reply from our BitBot assistant with a Support ID number. Please post that number here. Thanks very much!

This discussion has been closed.