"1Password for Safari": filter on tags

Options

Under the old 1Password (7.9.2) extension for Safari, you could easily filter items by tag from top left pulldown. Under new "1Password for Safari" extension (2.1.4), I cannot find option to filter on tags (only categories). Does tag filter option exists and I am not finding it? If not is it on roadmap to be added back to be feature compatible with prior extension? I rather avoid having to create dozen+ vaults to mimic similar breakout I could do using simple tag selection. Only alternative would be to use new extension to use create masked emails and old extension to search and find login.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: 2.1.4
OS Version: Not Provided

Comments

• kevin.li
    edited January 2022
    Options

Hi @lighttea2446,

You are correct. The 1Password for Safari extension doesn't show the "Tags" view as in the 1Password 7 built-in extension in Safari. I apologize for the inconvenience.

There is an existing feature request internally regarding the issue, and I have added your voice to it. I can see this would be beneficial for the user experience. I truly appreciate your valuable feedback.

In the meantime, if you feel the "Tags" view is important to your workflow, I'd suggest the following workaround:

• With the 1Password for Safari extension, you can click the extension logo and search for the tag's name that you are looking for, as shown below:

ref: dev/projects/customer-feature-requests#1134

• lighttea2446
    lighttea2446
    Community Member
    Options

@kevin.li Thanks for the "search on tag" suggestion. That works much better than the alternative work arounds I came up with.

• @lighttea2446

You're most welcome. Glad to know my suggestion helped.

Let us know if you have any other questions.

This discussion has been closed.