Quick Access prompt is not an "active" window

Options

In previous 1PW8 versions I was able to center the Quick Access "window" with tools like Hookshot/Rectangle/Magnet, but not anymore.
This is frustrating as when you move from the laptop with an external display, to just a laptop, etc. the window is not centered in the screen automatically. This is a bug itself—since it should self-center when no display is attached. But at least let me center it again with a command like a few beta versions ago.

1Password Version: 80500082
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: 12.2 beta

Comments

• Hey @krusnof:

We're tracking the issue where Quick Access isn't recentering as expected, and are investigating. I've added your input to the issue we have tracking this.

As part of the work we're doing to resolve this, it may be causing issues with Hookshot and similar apps. Keep an eye out for updates (if you'd like, the issue numbers are visible on the changelog, so keep an eye out for issue #10717) and we hopefully should have this smoothed out for you soon. Thanks for your feedback!

Jack

ref: dev/core/core#10717

• krusnof
    krusnof
    Community Member
    Options

Also make it possible to center via the apps as previously if needed. Thanks

• Hi @krusnof, this issue should be fixed in the latest Beta (8.6.0-6). Care to give it a spin? We'd love to have your impressions!

• krusnof
    krusnof
    Community Member
    Options

Seems to work on one display but haven't tested on two. In the version just before "80600017" (I don't have the version number) I could center via Rectangle Pro, but in "80600017" I can't do that anymore easily—only worksin 1 out of 10 cases. So something changes in those two versions... And I still have the correct icon for what Collection is selected, but the checkmark is on the "All Accounts"...

• krusnof
    krusnof
    Community Member
    Options

@PeterG_1P Just saw that when I'm on my 32" display (clamshell mode) and then unplug and use laptop, the Quick Access window is "gone" meaning out of display range, so I can see something activating with the shortcut, but it doesn't show... And I cannot center it with Rectangle.app

• krusnof
    krusnof
    Community Member
    Options

This is version: 80600032

This discussion has been closed.