Change vaults on new updated version?

I've been using 1Password for the past 3 years using the Chrome browser extension. On the new update, I don't seem to be able to figure out how to change vaults?

Where the button used to be is simply changing 1Password accounts now and that's it? How do I change vaults so I can see all entries for 1 particular vault only?

I've checked in settings and can't seem to see it either?

1Password Version: 2.2.0
Extension Version: 4.7.5.90
OS Version: Win 10

Comments

• Hi @CharlieK:

Thanks for your question, and I apologize for the delay in getting back to you. As it currently stands, the vault picker was removed. I can definitely see how it would be useful however, so I've added your feedback to an issue we have discussing this. Thanks again for your feedback!

In the meantime, which vaults included in All Vaults which controls which items are shown for suggests can be adjusted by right clicking the 1Password icon in your browser's toolbar, choosing settings, then scrolling down to the vault selector, and deselecting or selecting the vaults you want.

Jack

ref: dev/core/core#12088

• CharlieK
    CharlieK
    Community Member

Thanks @jack.platten ,
    Yes I have many logins to the same sites across different vaults which makes selecting the correct one difficult if I can't select a vault first. A workaround is obviously to name th elogin with the name of the vault, but in some ways shouldn't need to be done that way. Thanks for adding it to the feedback list!

Thanks also for the suggestion to help manage this via settings. That will help to an extent. Cheers!

• Joy_1P
    Joy_1P
    1Password Alumni

@CharlieK On behalf of Jack, you are welcome. Let us know if there's anything else we can do to help. Have a great day!

• Sinton
    Sinton
    Community Member

I agree this should be brought back. It's a hassle to recreate it in another vault.

• kevin.li
    edited February 2022

Hello @Sinton,

Thank you for sharing your opinion. I will also add your voice to the list to share with our development team.

ref: dev/core/core#12088

• TMan88
    TMan88
    Community Member

Would also like to see the return of vault picker or some other similar option. Is there any alternative? It seems it's either "You see the vaults toggled for viewing with all accounts view" or "you see everything in your account when you click on your account".

Rather than having multiple views of my items available (how I use vaults), that basically leaves me with two views instead of each vault being a view. Annoying to search through (I usually use the open/fill option from the extension after choosing my vault instead of using built in browser bookmarks; saves the extra step of opening the bookmark, then autofilling).

I also have things I don't want someone looking at my computer with me to necessarily see when I'm going through my items to find something I wanted to open and show them.

• Joy_1P
    Joy_1P
    1Password Alumni

Hey @TMan88 I definitely understand where you're coming from. I also used this feature previously and would indeed like to see it back. I will add your voice to the internal feature request that we have for this. Hopefully it is something that our developers will consider adding again in the future.

• paullaszlo
    paullaszlo
    Community Member

I agree that the current extension is a major step backwards because of this change. Please bring back the ability to choose the vault!!!

• paullaszlo
    paullaszlo
    Community Member

What is the point of having multiple vaults, even, if you can't choose between them?

• Joy_1P
    Joy_1P
    1Password Alumni

@paullaszlo I'll share your thoughts with our dev team. Hopefully this is something that they will consider adding back. Thanks for the feedback!

IDEA-I-342

• OliS
    OliS
    Community Member

Why would this feature be removed, it is nonsensical. I have a vault for my personal logins, a vault for my business logins and a shared vault for family accounts. Needless to say I DO NOT want these all displayed together (yet I do want to be able to quickly switch between them, the method outlined by Jack is not ideal).

I appreciate your continued activity on this issue Joy_1P but it has been over two months since this thread was created, can we have an indication on whether this is going to be reverted or not?

• Joy_1P
    Joy_1P
    1Password Alumni
    edited March 2022

Hey @OliS, the feature to select vaults from the extension popup was removed in anticipation of some UI changes that will be coming shortly. I don't have an exact time frame on when those changes will arrive, but with those changes, it should be possible to filter logins by vault again.

I do want to let you know that I'm truly sorry about the disruption to your workflow. I sincerely appreciate your patience, and I will absolutely pass along the feedback you've provided to our team.

ref: dev/core/core#13045

• loosus
    loosus
    Community Member

Wow. I just came across this thread. We just bought the Teams version of 1Password, and this has made switching between vaults a complete nightmare. I had no idea this limitation existed before we made the purchase, and it's so basic that I would've never even thought to check. I hope this is quickly fixed.

• Joy_1P
    Joy_1P
    1Password Alumni

@loosus Thanks for reaching out about this. I'm sorry for the inconvenience but do hope that workaround we've shared can help for now. In the meantime, I'll add you to the request we have to bring the vault selector back. As mentioned, this is something on our developers' radar and hopefully there will be improvements made in a future release.

Let us know if you have any other questions!

• TMan88
    TMan88
    Community Member

Any updates? It's been awhile.

• @TMan88

Are you a fan of beta's? If so, you may like this. 1Password in the browser Beta Releases

• paullaszlo
    paullaszlo
    Community Member

Could you please update us on progress on this item? I would still really like to be able to change Vaults in the Extension.

This discussion has been closed.