Quick access menu hidden on Linux running KDE

Kelvin123
Kelvin123
Community Member
edited January 2022 in Linux

On KDE, the quick access menu seems to be hidden behind other windows. The only way to get it to show up for me is to show the desktop first then open the quick access.

I'm running KDE on X11 not Wayland in case that makes a difference.

1Password Version: 8.4.1
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: KDE Plasma 5.23.5 on Arch Linux

Comments

• Kelvin123
    Kelvin123
    Community Member
    edited January 2022

Can someone from the 1Password team please take a look at this? I understand if this is not a high priority issue, but over a week with no response from a supposed support forum does not inspire confidence that AgileBits cares about their customers.

Even if it's a response as generic as "the issue is not high priority and has been placed on our backlog" that is ok. I just want an ack that someone is aware of this issue.

• I apologize for the delay, @Kelvin123. I will look into this today, but need I want to set up a modern KDE system (with X11, of course).

• Hi, @Kelvin123. I have reproduced this issue, however it no longer occurs on the latest betas. Would you be willing to upgrade to the 8.5.0-83 beta?

• Kelvin123
    Kelvin123
    Community Member

Thanks for the update! I'll give the beta a try.

• Kelvin123
    Kelvin123
    Community Member

I noticed that the 1password-beta package on the Archlinux AUR (https://aur.archlinux.org/packages/1password-beta/) isn't managed by 1password but by ag_jtdressel. Is this an official 1Password account?

The PKGBUILD seems benign and shares the same GPG signing key (3FEF9748469ADBE15DA7CA80AC2D62742012EA22) so would I be correct to assume that this is owned by 1Password.

• Kelvin123
    Kelvin123
    Community Member

Just wanted to give an update, I can confirm that the beta fixes the issue.

• It is. We never set up a proper 1password account with the AUR repository, so jtdressel manages that. I say manages, but most of it is nearly automated at this point.

I'm glad that fixed things for you! Again, I am sorry for it taking a week to get back to you.

• mauntrelio
    mauntrelio
    Community Member

Hi! I am running 1Password 8.4.1 on Kubuntu 20.04 and I have the same problem.
    Glad to see it will be fixed in 8.5. When is the new release expected?

• Coming up soon. We don't have a specific timeline. It is currently up for QA testing and pending their approval.

This discussion has been closed.