Imprecise suggestions

rcostain
rcostain
Community Member
edited January 2022 in 1Password in the Browser

My IT Team uses 1Password all the time and we find it very, very useful.

But one thing that really bugs me is the following:

We have many logins within the same domain. Even though each Login item has the precise URL of the hostname that it applies to, I end up having to scroll through a list of multiple hosts within our main domain! I would've thought that 1Password would filter based in the URL, or AT LEAST present the login corresponding to the exact URL as the first choice in the list.

Is there something that I've configured wrong?

1Password Version: 7.9.2
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: macOS 12.1

Comments

• Hi @rcostain

or AT LEAST present the login corresponding to the exact URL as the first choice in the list.

This is indeed how it should work. Exact matches should be listed before more generic matches. Do you have an example you can share where that is not the case?

Ben

• rcostain
    rcostain
    Community Member
    edited January 2022

I've attached a screenshot. I have to scroll down about 8-10 entries before I get the appropriate login.

I've hidden the hostnames because some of the services are internal and not public.

The order of the logins seems to be consistent, but the exact match is almost never the top one.

• Hi @rcostain

In your screenshot all of the items on screen are marked as favorites. Favorites that are a match are always prioritized in the list over other, even closer (based on URL) matches. You may want to consider un-favoriting these items if that behavior is undesirable for your use case.

I hope that helps!

Ben

• rcostain
    rcostain
    Community Member

I’ll try that. Thanks

• @rcostain

On behalf of my colleague Ben, you're very welcome, and it's our pleasure to be your assistance.

Let us know if you have any other questions.

This discussion has been closed.