Where is my vault?

lukahans
lukahans
Community Member
edited January 2022 in Mac

In the past I used to have an agile keychain file. Now preferences > Vaults shows me that my primary vault is on icloud but it doesn't show me a path to my vault. I have not got much confidence that it is there if I can't see it.

Background.
I am trying to reinstall 1 password because of a super annoying pop up i get to upgrade and make an account. I have already paid for an account long ago and a subscription would mean paying again, obviously i am against this. My plan was to reinstall 1 password because I have heard reinstalling from the 1password website would get rid of this pop up but at the moment I am hesitant to do so if I can't find my vault for fear of losing all my passwords.

1Password Version: 7.9.2
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: MacOS 12.1

Comments

• Hi @lukahans:

I'd be happy to help get you sorted out! 1Password vaults stored in iCloud are stored in CloudKit, and are not directly viewable in Finder.

Just to confirm, do you currently have a standalone license for 1Password 7, and are using 1Password downloaded from our website, rather than the App Store? Let me know, and I'll be able to investigate further!

Jack

• lukahans
    lukahans
    Community Member

Hi @jack.platten

1. So I won't be able to confirm that it is actually in icloud ? Will I be safe uninstalling my 1 password application without removing the vault? Should i create a backup?

2. I don't know how to check if i have a licence, but i purchased an original version of 1password on the app store a long time ago as mentioned. To answer your question the one password version i have is from the app store.

Many thanks,
    Luka

• @lukahans It sounds like the primary issue here is the pop-up that you're seeing which I'm not convinced that reinstalling the 1Password app will resolve. Would you mind posting a screenshot of the pop-up?

Can you check your email or your App Store purchases to confirm which version of 1Password you purchased? If you purchased a previous version of 1Password then you'll need to have either also purchased a license specific for 1Password 7 or a membership in order to use the 1Password 7 for Mac app.

I look forward to hearing from you. :)

• lukahans
    lukahans
    Community Member

Hello Dave_1P

a) Screenshot of popup attached
    b) The original purchase of 1password was in 2014 for: 1Password - Password Manager and Secure Wallet, v4.1.2 (4+), however I am using the 1password 7 which was also downloaded from the app store in 2019 and seems to work just fine... however the attached pop up is irritating.

many thanks.

• @lukahans Thank you for the screenshot. If you purchased a license for 1Password 4 then this license won't work with 1Password 7 since that requires a separate purchase.

I recommend that you send us an email to support@1Password.com, we're currently offering generous discounts for longtime license users and I'm sure that our team would be able to offer you a discount to migrate to a 1Password membership. :)

• lukahans
    lukahans
    Community Member

Hello Dave1_P

I am very much interested in making what I have already paid for work, I believe that I have already paid money and therefore the product should work.

Would you kindly please answer:

1) (from above) So I won't be able to confirm that it is actually in iCloud ? Will I be safe uninstalling my 1 password application without removing the vault? Should I create a backup?

2) What you are saying is that although 1password 7 works for me it contains a popup that can't be removed without an additional purchase? I will therefore need to delete 1password7 and install 1password 4 again to use my license is that correct?

Many thanks

• @lukahans Since it sounds like you've used a few different versions of 1Password over the years I'd like to ask you to create a diagnostics report from your Mac so that we can better understand how 1Password is setup on your Mac:

Sending Diagnostics Reports (Mac)

Attach the diagnostics to an email message addressed to support+forum@1password.com.

With your email please include:

You should receive an automated reply from our BitBot assistant with a Support ID number. Please post that number here. Thanks very much!

• @lukahans

Thank you. Someone should be with you as soon as possible.

ref: PFK-57158-252

This discussion has been closed.