password printing

swmatrixman
swmatrixman
Community Member

Using a trial version. If i decide not to go with 1password, how can i print out passwords?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:print passwords

Comments

• Hi @swmatrixman, thanks for this question.

How this is done depends on the version of 1Password you're using. In 1Password 8 for Windows, you can click the ... button, then export, and choose the relevant vault name. If you export to .CSV, you should be able to print this out as you would any typical text file.

However, we usually recommend against printing out passwords, because 1) exporting data from 1Password means it is outside the electronic protections that the app provides, and 2) having it in a physical location adds another layer of potential exposure as well. However, the option is there if you need it.

Let me know if this provides a suitable answer to your question - and thanks again for asking!

• swmatrixman
    swmatrixman
    Community Member

Hey PeterG! Thanks for the information. I must be doing something wrong? when I choose the ...button and then export, i don't get any message about choosing which vault? It goes directly to export asking to which folder and If i continue it exports a file that can't be opened. I think it was a "PUT" file? I am not seeing a choice of CVS files or any other. What am I missing?

• swmatrixman
    swmatrixman
    Community Member

PeterG it's actually a "1PUX" that is created when it exports.

• Hey @swmatrixman:

CSV export is currently in 1Password 8.5, which is in beta. If you'd like to be able to export now, switching release channels can be done by following these steps:

1. Open and unlock 1Password.
    2. Click your account or collection at the top of the sidebar and choose Settings.
    3. Click Advanced, then set “Release channel” to Beta. (Updates will be installed automatically when “Install updates automatically” is turned on.)

As Peter mentioned though however, we'd usually recommend against printing out your passwords. Let us know how you get on with that!

Jack

• swmatrixman
    swmatrixman
    Community Member

Thanks Jack,
    I really just wanted to be able to access the passwords if I decided not to use 1password program. But so far that will probably not be an issue. Just a safety net in case.
    Thanks!

• You're very welcome, glad to hear you're liking 1Password so far @swmatrixman! :smile: Be sure to get in touch if there's anything else we can help you with.

This discussion has been closed.