Missing dependency, installing anyway?

Options
fabpw
fabpw
Community Member
edited January 2022 in Linux

Hello,

I downloaded the openSUSE .rpm, but when I try to install it, it says system-udev is missing. I can ignore the message, the installation goes on and 1password works without problems.

But I am a little hasitant, if the missing dependency could lead to security-problems?

Thanks!

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: openSUSE Tumbleweed

Comments

• Thanks from writing in!

You can rest assured that this should not lead to any security problems. "systemd-udev" is used to interact with hardware multi factor devices (ex. YubiKey) if your account has any configured. If it is unavailable on your system, you may not be able to sign in with such a device but the rest of the application should function without any additional risks. A cursory look at the (installed by default) "udev" package on OpenSUSE leads me to believe it provides the necessary libraries which are supplied by the "systemd-udev" package on other distributions (namely Redhat/Fedora).

• groenator
    groenator
    Community Member
    Options

Are there any plans to fix the broken dependency to point to udev instead of system-used?

• Ben
    Options

I don't know of any definite plans at this point, but we have opened an issue for further investigation. :+1:

Ben

ref: dev/core/core#10823

• IanJSaul
    IanJSaul
    Community Member
    Options

Having either this UDEV component fixed, or correcting the SNAP fonts issue - would be fantastic and much appreciated.

https://1password.community/discussion/126490/1password-showing-square-text-when-i-try-uploading-a-file

Thanks. -Ian

• Hey, @IanJSaul . We pushed out a change about a week ago that should have the udev component fixed.

This discussion has been closed.