1Password constantly asking to create a 'new wallet' in Debian

Flyliner
Flyliner
Community Member
edited January 2022 in Linux

I just installed the 1password app via the 1password repository instructions. I am running Debian 11 and have installed the browser plugin for Brave.

I am getting asked to create a new wallet for 1password by the KDE Wallet Service any time I open the browser. I select 'cancel' as I am not sure about doing this. Seems to defeat the purpose of having 1password.

I also am being redirected to 1passwords website and asked to log in by Brave "Authentication Required. Sign in to your 1password account to continue". This happens each time I close and run the browser.

Is the wallet service and authentication request expected behavior?

Please advise..

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided

Comments

• Hi, @Flyliner , and thanks for writing in.

What version of 1Password (both the desktop application and the browser extension) are you running? Also, what is the name of the wallet that it is asking to create, and have you allowed it to create the wallet?

What I expect is that it will be trying to add secrets to a wallet named kdewallet with recent versions of 1Password.

• Flyliner
    Flyliner
    Community Member
    edited January 2022

Browser Extension: 2.2.1
    1password: 1Password for Linux 8.4.1 - 80401002, on PRODUCTION channel

The wallet is the 'KDE Wallet Service'. Im guessing thats the build in 'KDE Wallet Manager'
    I have allowed it, and next step is to "create a new wallet named '1Password for Linux' " and give it a password. Seems redundant to me, I have so far always cancelled it at this point.

I should say that the actual 1password application seems to work fine as is..

• I know that we made that change after 8.4.1. It is inconvenient, but you'll continue to see this until the current beta or the next stable release.

• Flyliner
    Flyliner
    Community Member

Ok thanks..

• Flyliner
    Flyliner
    Community Member

@Savanni - Do you know when that release will be? This is making 1Password almost unusable...

• @FlyingCarpet Hi, again. An update is coming soon. We don't have a specific timeframe as it is currently pending QA testing.

• FlyingCarpet
    FlyingCarpet
    Community Member

@savanni, your last comment is addressed to the wrong party.

• @FlyingCarpet Oof. I'm really sorry about that.

This discussion has been closed.