CLI stopped working: "unexpected end of JSON input"

Options
trombonehero
trombonehero
Community Member

I'm using op v1.12.3 on a Mac running Big Sur 11.6. This was working fine until yesterday, but now (without me changing anything), every time I run an op command (e.g., op item get, op list items, even op signout), I see the following output:

[ERROR] 2022/01/17 07:24:22 unexpected end of JSON input

This has very much impacted my CLI workflow (mutt, mbsync, msmtp)... help!

1Password Version: 7.9.2
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: macOS 11.6

Comments

• Justin.Yoon_1P
    edited February 2022
    Options

Hey @trombonehero ,

Apologies for the late response, but I would like to help you get to the bottom of this.

I believe this error is sent from the 1Password server on one of the HTTP requests that the CLI client sends to the server when the request body is malformed.

Do you mind trying an op command that does not make a network request, such as a help command, like op get user --help and seeing if it works?

• brendanc
    brendanc
    Community Member
    Options

I am now getting this as well.

I am on version 2.1.0. I did op signin and it prompted me for touchID which I did. Then, it errored:

[ERROR] 2022/04/27 11:54:23 failed to request.DoUnencrypted: unexpected end of JSON input

Now, any time I try op signin it fails with the same error but the current timestamp.

I am using 1Password 8.7.0-95 beta for Mac

• brendanc
    brendanc
    Community Member
    Options

Additional info:

Any command that does a network request (I tried to do op vault ls) fails with the same error. Commands that don't make a network request do not fail (such as the command you suggested above).

• appl4ever
    appl4ever
    Community Member
    Options

I am also getting this error suddenly too.

• Hi folks,

I believe this was due to an outage of the 1Password service. We believe we are mostly out of the woods at this point, but please report if signing in continues to fail.

We also have a status page at https://1password.statuspage.io/

• brendanc
    brendanc
    Community Member
    Options

Seems to be resolved. Thanks for the update!

• appl4ever
    appl4ever
    Community Member
    Options

Ah thanks! I didn't realize there was a status page, so I subscribed for updates for the future.

• Happy to hear, folks!

This discussion has been closed.