Can't insert password in 1Password8

timin
timin
Community Member

Hello!
I just updated to 1PAssword8 and I love it. New fresh interface, much easier to use for me.
I just can't find one feature I used to have and like.
So there is this banking app site which doesn't let me use 1Password Chrome Extension and doesn't let me paste the password in the according text field. And because it's a banking app, I have a 20-character password with symbols and upper-lower case letters and digits and stuff for it.
Back in 1Password7 there was an option to go to this site, focus the text field and order 1Password to fill my password directly in it.
Now I can't find this feature any more. I have only three options: Show, Show big and Copy. Is the feature just gone or am I doing something wrong?

1Password Version: 8.4.1
Extension Version: 2.2.1
OS Version: Windows 10

Comments

• Hey @timin, Type in Window or Auto-type for 1Password 8 is something we're actively looking into and hope to have more information soon. While I can't make any promises, I have added your comments to the feature request we have tracking this internally.

In the meantime, have you tried to use drag and drop to fill passwords? For example, if you select the field on the banking website first, and then drag and drop, does that fill it out for you? Let me know how that goes!

Ali

ref: dev/core/core#9620

• timin
    timin
    Community Member

Thank you for your helpful advice. The drag-and-drop feature works just fine!

• Hi @timin, you're most welcome. Glad I was able to help out 🙂

This discussion has been closed.