Default cursor position when adding custom field.

aloksharma
aloksharma
Community Member

Hi,

I often need to add a lot of custom fields to organize the data.

The problem is that when I add a new custom field, the cursor is positioned in the custom field value area instead of the custom field title area. This adds extra steps to first double-click the custom field title, enter the title, and then move to value.

It would make more sense if the cursor is always positioned in the custom field title area because anyway one would need to provide the custom field title.

Or at least provide an option so that the users can select for themselves where they did like the cursor to be positioned when adding a new custom field.

Thanks.

1Password Version: 8.4.1
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Windows 10

Comments

• Hey @aloksharma:

Thanks for your feedback here! I just checked, and I was able to use shift+tab to select the title of the field after creating, rather than needing to click. Would that be an acceptable solution for you? Let me know!

Jack

• aloksharma
    aloksharma
    Community Member

Hi @jack.platten

There is always a possibility of workarounds, but for someone who heavily relies on custom fields would obviously find it a tedious task, especially if it was to be done several times for an item and several times a day.

Besides, what good purpose a custom field would serve if its title was always 'text' LOL!

So I don't think there would be any drawback with going in the sequential manner because anyway, the custom field would still need a title, so why to increase unnecessary additional keystrokes.

• Hey @aloksharma:

Thanks for clarifying! I've added your feedback as a feature request internally. Thanks again for all your feedback as we work to make 1Password the best it can be! :sunglasses:

Jack

ref: dev/projects/customer-feature-requests#1213

• aloksharma
    aloksharma
    Community Member

Thanks @jack.platten :-)

• Always happy to have your feedback, @aloksharma!

This discussion has been closed.