[Feature Request] Don't change vault focus when saving an edited record.

Options
chrisrosa
chrisrosa
Community Member

I've found this fairly annoying bug that happens when editing a record. Let's say your in the All Vaults view, and you edit a record to change the vault it stored in. Your view will be switched to the target vault. This can be a pain if your doing some clean up and sorting records to various vaults. It would make more sense to keep the original All Vaults view, regardless of where you're moving the record.

1Password Version: 7.9.2
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: macOS 12.1

Comments

• Hello @chrisrosa,

To ensure that we are on the same page, please let me reiterate what happens on your end when you want to move an item from one vault to another vault and correct me if I am wrong.

To move an item to another vault, you open the 1Password desktop app > Select an item > Right-click > Move to Vault and move it to another vault. What you experience is the 1Password desktop app switch to the vault of your item instead of stayin at "All Vaults"?

• chrisrosa
    chrisrosa
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks @Nhat_Nguyen

This is specific to when in editing mode.

Select Item > Edit > Click on Vault drop down under the item name > Pick alternate Vault > Save.

After you hit save, your All Vaults view will switch to the alternate Vault you selected above.

• Hello @chrisrosa,

Thank you very much for the clarification. I confirm that it is the correct behavior of 1Password. However, if you only want to move an item or multiple items from one vault to another, a better option would be to right-click on that item on the item list > Select "Move to vault," and 1Password will move that item to your desired vault without switching to the vault.

This discussion has been closed.