Firefox extension v2.2.1 does not work at all in FF 96.0.1

Options

Hi everyone.
I updated Firefox to 96.0.1 from 95 recently and today I noticed that 1Password extension is not working.
The icon of the extension is there, however clicking on it does nothing at all. Also 1Password is not suggesting autofilling forms, and is not displaying it's icon in the form fields. Shortcut "CTRL+." to open up the UI also does nothing. Simply the extension is completely busted.

I tried to remove and reinstall the extension, but it didn't help.

Extension v: 2.2.1
Firefox: 96.0.1 (64-bit)

Let me know what more info do you need to debug this. Are there any FF logs of relevance?

1Password Version: 8.5.0-83
Extension Version: 2.2.1
OS Version: Linux Mint 20.3

Comments

• Hello @Mao42,

I am sorry for the inconvenience. Please try these steps to see how it works and we can continue from there.

1. Right-click the 1Password icon in Firefox's toolbar > Remove Extension.

2. Go here to get a fresh copy of 1Password > Restart your browser and try again.

• Mao42
    Mao42
    Community Member
    Options

I'm sorry @Nhat_Nguyen, but if you read my original post you'll see I've already tried that.
    It doesn't change a thing.

Just for laughs I tried it again today, but to no surprise the extension is still broken.

• Joy_1P
    Joy_1P
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hey there @mao42, sorry to hear about the continued issues with 1Password in Firefox. Just to check, do you get any error messages from the extension when trying to use it? Do you have Firefox set to remember history in your settings? If you're unsure, can you open your settings and double check for us?

• Mao42
    Mao42
    Community Member
    Options

@Joy_1P Hey, I don't see any error messages anywhere. There's nothing in the developer console and I even tried running Firefox from the terminal, but there are no logs...
    I have FF set up to remember history.

I have the extension enabled for private windows, but it doesn't work there either.

• Hi @Mao42.

There is an update for the 1Password extension in Firefox, version 2.2.2. Can you try if the new version would fix your issue?

If the issue persists, we can try to create a new profile in Firefox and install the 1Password extension there to test if everything works correctly.

Here's the detailed guide about Profile Manager - Create, remove or switch Firefox profiles | Firefox Help

Let us know how it goes.

• Mao42
    Mao42
    Community Member
    edited January 2022
    Options

Hi @kevin.li ,
    Thanks for the suggestions. The update to 2.2.2 did not help, neither the update of Firefox to 96.0.2.

I created a new profile in Firefox and tested the extension there. I can confirm it works with a new profile.

However, I'd like to keep using my current profile if possible. Can I somehow debug what exactly is causing the problem?
    I tried running Firefox with all of my addons disabled but that didn't help...

//EDIT: I tried the Firefox Refresh feature (https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/refresh-firefox-reset-add-ons-and-settings) and it solved the problem! Thank you all for the assistance!

• @Mao42 Thanks for letting us know that the refresh fixed the issue.

After discussing with my team, we found out the issue may be related to the indexedDB permissions not being configured correctly on your current Firefox profile. A refresh would definitely correct the permissions.

If you are interested, here is the link that we found the issue may be related: 1639542 - (idb-private-browsing) [meta] Support IndexedDB in Private Browsing Mode (with encrypted disk storage)

Let us know if you have any other questions.

This discussion has been closed.