1Password for Safari extension issues

Options
nickknapp
nickknapp
Community Member
edited January 2022 in 1Password in the Browser

I'm running the beta 8.5.0-83 and macOS 12.1 on a MacBook Pro M1 Max. Last week the safari extension quit working. It is no longer listed in the extensions tab in safari. I've tried reinstalling the extension with no success. Anyone else have this issue? Any idea on how to fix it?

1Password Version: 8.5.0-83
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: macOS 12.1

Comments

• Ben
    Options

Hi @nickknapp

Just to confirm, "1Password for Safari" is showing in your Applications folder? If so, let's try refreshing Safari's extension registrations. To do this, follow these steps:

1. Close all open web browsers.
    2. Open the Terminal app on your Mac. If you're not familiar, Apple has a guide on this, here: https://support.apple.com/guide/terminal/open-or-quit-terminal-apd5265185d-f365-44cb-8b09-71a064a42125/mac
    3. Paste the following into Terminal and then press enter to run the command: /System/Library/Frameworks/CoreServices.framework/Frameworks/LaunchServices.framework/Support/lsregister -f -R /Applications/Safari.app
    4. Open Safari and try to enable 1Password for Safari again.

Let me know how that goes!

Ben

• nickknapp
    nickknapp
    Community Member
    Options

That did the trick. Thank you!

• Joy_1P
    Joy_1P
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@nickknapp On behalf of Ben, you are welcome!

• trolli
    trolli
    Community Member
    Options

I had to do the same today...

• Joy_1P
    Joy_1P
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hey @trolli did the steps above resolve the issue for you? If you need more help, please let us know.

• trolli
    trolli
    Community Member
    Options

Yes, this solved my issue.

• :chuffed: :+1:

• jped508
    jped508
    Community Member
    Options

Running 1Password beta for Mac 8.7.0 80700012 on Safari 15.4, Monterey 12.3 on 2018 MacBook Pro. Would love to be able to resize the dropdown window when extension icon is clicked and I miss having an "Edit" button immediately present rather than having to click the kebab menu item. Just requests...

• Joy_1P
    Joy_1P
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@jped508 Thanks for reaching out! I've added your feedback to our internal system for feature requests. Hopefully, we can make the necessary changes to improve on what you've brought up later on.

IDEA-I-595
    IDEA-I-624

This discussion has been closed.