Filter watchtower by strength

Options
wedward
wedward
Community Member

I don't see any options to drill down into the watchtower ratings to address any weakness - once you kill off the weak or below. I want to drill down easily into the good and fair ones and change them to excellent or better if possible. Watchtower is showing me the number of passwords in each rating on the report heading, but these are not clickable. I don't see any options to do so elsewhere. It would be great to have a filter or sorting option in the full listing or a report page where you can sort as such. I think the sorting option has been suggested, but I have not seen mention of clickable drill-down from the watchtower screen and results bar itself. Anyone know if this has been discussed or in the works in some way?

1Password Version: 8.4.1
Extension Version: 2.2.1
OS Version: Windows 11
Referrer: forum-search:watchtower sort

Comments

• Hey @wedward, we greatly appreciate your input on this. I can definitely see the advantage of viewing a report highlighting "good" and "fair" passwords or other strengths. We do currently have an issue for this internally, so I've added your comment there. Thanks!

Ali

ref: dev/projects/customer-feature-requests#817

• Hello @wedward, thank you again for your request about this feature. As it happens, we have just added it to the most recent Beta release of 1Password! 🥳

If you'd like to give it a try, you can switch to the Beta version by going to ... > Settings > Advanced > Release Channel, and switch this to Beta. Once you've locked the app and signed in again, it will switch to the Beta channel for you.

Then:

1. Go to Watchtower
    2. Click on the color-coded bar beneath "Overall Password Strength."

This will open a list of your items, sorted by strength, with a label at the top of each section (so all your "fantastic" passwords appear first, and so on down the list in decreasing order of strength).

I hope this is helpful - if you do decide to check it out, let us know what you'd think! We always appreciate the feedback. 🙌

https://releases.1password.com/windows/beta/#1password-for-windows-8.7.0-41

• wedward
    wedward
    Community Member
    Options

Hey Peter - thank you! This works great! Now I can focus on improving all those good ones to "fantastic". Thanks again.

• PeterG_1P
    edited April 2022
    Options

Excellent, @wedward, and thanks for trying it out! It was pleasure to see this through on our end. We hope you enjoy seeing that total security score climb higher yet. 👍

• robert1p
    robert1p
    Community Member
    Options

Nice. Is there a way to reverse sort them so the weakest are at the top? i.e. the reason I'm looking at the strenght is to improve the weaker ones and they would be more prominent at the top.

• Hi @robert1p - not currently, but I have just filed a request on your behalf for that functionality. Thanks for the suggestion! 😃

ref: IDEA-I-699

• robert1p
    robert1p
    Community Member
    Options

It's also interesting that the sort order in each level is not alphabetical. Under my "Fantastic" level, it starts by listing a little over half in alphabetical order, but then continues with the remaining in random order. Is it sorting by some underlying strength in each level?

• ag_mike_d
    edited April 2022
    Options

Hi @robert1p, sorry for the delay in response here. I've reached out for some additional details about how things get sorted. First it's sorted by the password strength, Fantastic, Excellent, Very Good, etc. Then it sorts by which item is older. This is not to say the creation or modification date, but the database row ID.

It makes good sense that this is sorted by password strength, then alphabetically. I've filed this so the team can look in to making further improvements here. Thanks for bringing this to us!

ref: IDEA-I-724

This discussion has been closed.