Duo Push for Families?

MaintenanceCosts
MaintenanceCosts
Community Member

I'd really love to implement 2FA on my family's 1Password accounts but nobody but me has the patience to use TOTP. I have set up a Duo Security account that can authenticate other applications for my family members via push requests to their phones. It looks like this feature is available for 1Password for Business, but not for family plans. It would obviously cost me quite a bit more if I converted my family plan to a team account. Any plans to bring Duo to family accounts?

Thanks.

1Password Version: 8.5.0 beta 83
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: macOS 12.1/iOS 15.2.1

Comments

• Dave_1P
    edited January 2022

Hello @MaintenanceCosts! 👋

We don't have any specific plans at this time to expand the availability of DUO as a two-factor authentication option for 1Password Families memberships. As you noted, DUO is indeed available for 1Password Teams and 1Password Business plans. That being said, we do have an open internal issue tracking the possibility of adding DUO two-factor authentication to 1Password Families and 1Password individual accounts and I've added your comments to the issue so that our developers are aware of the demand. Thank you for the suggestion!

I wanted to comment on the following:

I'd really love to implement 2FA on my family's 1Password accounts but nobody but me has the patience to use TOTP.

With 1Password accounts you only need to enter the one-time passcode the first time that you access your 1Password account on a new device. So your family wouldn't be asked to open their authenticator app very often. Let me know if you have any questions. :)

ref: dev/projects/customer-feature-requests#316

• MaintenanceCosts
    MaintenanceCosts
    Community Member

Thanks for the quick response (not even business hours!).

Count me as a user who would take advantage of Duo if it were added to Families. It works great for us in other applications… and your competition, while inferior in other respects, does work with it for all types of accounts.

• @MaintenanceCosts

I can confirm that I've added your comments to the open feature request. Thank you again for the great suggestion and for the kind words. :)

This discussion has been closed.