Frequent new sign-in emails

jjabbytaylor
jjabbytaylor
Community Member

About once a week, I'm receiving an email saying that there has been a new sign-in on my account when I haven't logged onto the web site version in several weeks. It seems like this started happening when I had to log in via the web site when I was trying to get the browser plug-in to work in Safari and Firefox.

The IP address seems to be correct for my modem, but I haven't logged in anywhere in the recent past. So I don't think these are fraudulent logins (and I do have 2FA enabled).

Any ideas of why this is occurring? It likely isn't a real security concern, but it makes me a bit concerned when I see these frequent emails.

Thanks,

Jeff

1Password Version: 7.9.2
Extension Version: 2.2.2
OS Version: MacOS 12.1
Referrer: forum-search:Frequent new sign-in emails

Comments

• Hi @jjabbytaylor 👋

I'm sorry that you're receiving multiple email notifications regarding a new sign-in on your account. At the moment the emails are being caused by a bug with the new 1Password for Safari extension for iOS. The bug is affecting a small number of users and our developers are investigating. I know how frustrating this issue is and hopefully our developers can find a fix soon. I apologize for the inconvenience.

Since we don't have a fix for the issue at the moment, as a temporarily workaround, you can disable 1Password for Safari to make the email notifications stop. Here are the steps:

1. Open the Settings app on your iOS device.
    2. Scroll down and tap on Safari.
    3. Tap on Extensions.
    4. Tap on 1Password.
    5. Turn off 1Password for Safari.

You can still use iOS Password AutoFill to fill your logins in Safari and other apps: Use 1Password to fill and save in apps on your iPhone and iPad

Thank you for reporting the bug, and please let me know if you have any questions. :)

ref: dev/core/core#10342

• jjabbytaylor
    jjabbytaylor
    Community Member

Ok cool thanks for the update.

• @jjabbytaylor

You're most welcome! :)

This discussion has been closed.