Windows/Firefox: seems to login to 1password app/website rather than extension.

Windows 10, updated
Firefox 96.02
1Password extension: 2.2.1
1Password 8.4.1

When I click on the 1password icon in my browser it opens a large window - 1011x795 ( just to get my password.
I expect, and would prefer to see, the simple window in the far corner with a single field that I see on my Mac.
(Writing this, I've realized that the big window in the middle of the screen is intrusive, which the little window wasn't.)

Does this mean my extension isn't installed properly? I'm pretty sure I've removed and reinstalled at least once.

A second question (sorry): How can I restrict suggestions to a single vault?
I don't want a permanent setting, I want to do it on the fly, so that I can just look at entries for the client I am working on at the moment.

thanks
Anita Graham

1Password Version: 8.4.1
Extension Version: 2.2.1
OS Version: Windows 10

Comments

• Joy_1P
    Joy_1P
    1Password Alumni

Hey @AnitaGraham, sorry for the issues you're seeing on your Windows machine. Do you happen to have multiple monitors set up with your computer? Are you able to take a screenshot of what you see on your computer when you try to sign in?

As for restricting suggestions to a vault on the fly, this is something we had previously but a recent update has changed the behavior. The good news is that this is on our developers' radar and hopefully they will be able to improve on this in the near future. For now, it's only possible to have suggestions come from a specific account via the extension popup (click on extension in toolbar > click on rainbow icon > select the account). It is possible to make changes in the extension settings, but doing so require a few more clicks and you'll have to change things back when you're done (right-click extension in toolbar, select Settings, scroll to Accounts & Vaults, turn off the vaults you'd like to exclude).

Hopefully those options can help a bit for now. Let me know about how things are going on your Windows computer though. Talk to you again soon!

• AnitaGraham
    AnitaGraham
    Community Member

Thanks Joy_1P. The windows system is a laptop with only one screen. :-(
    I will send a screenshot when I get back to that system.

• Joy_1P
    Joy_1P
    1Password Alumni

@AnitaGraham Thanks for letting me know about that. Please do share a screenshot when you can. We'll be standing by!

• AnitaGraham
    AnitaGraham
    Community Member

I have a 7sec mp4(106Kb) which shows that the extension window does appear but is immediately overtaken by the app window.
    Hmm not allowed. I can get some clips from the video.

• Hey @AnitaGraham:

It looks like this is our Shared Lock State functionality. When 1Password in your browser and the 1Password desktop app are communicating, 1Password in the browser relies on the 1Password desktop app to unlock. This allows 1Password in the browser to stay unlocked across browser restarts, as well as use Windows Hello if available. This definitely offers benefits, but if you'd rather unlock 1Password in your browser and the 1Password desktop app completely independently of one another, this is something that can be done too.

To turn off the shared lock state, right click the 1Password icon in your browser's toolbar, select Settings, then disable the option under the General heading named "Integrate with 1Password app". Let me know how you get on with that!

Jack

• AnitaGraham
    AnitaGraham
    Community Member
    edited January 2022

Thanks Jack, that has fixed the problem.

• Joy_1P
    Joy_1P
    1Password Alumni

@AnitaGraham On behalf of Jack, you are welcome! :)

This discussion has been closed.