Sort order after ctrl-enter ?

Options

What is the sort order of the search results after I do ctrl-enter to show all results in the main window? The results list has no sorting option, so I don't know what the logic is. It doesn't seem to be alphabetic, nor newest. Could be oldest first, which would make the least sense.

BTW: Showing all results in the main window in real time used to be the default behaviour, and now it needs a keyboard shortcut as a second step.

1Password Version: 8.5.0
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided

Comments

• Hi @andx1pw, we determine the sort order by relevance rather than ordering the results based on alphanumeric titles or dates.

• viswiz
    viswiz
    Community Member
    Options

Why? Just why? I get that shopping sites sort by relevance but a Password Manager?
    Search has only job: find what I'm looking for no matter if it's a perfect match or a substring and display the results immediately. This worked perfectly fine for all versions before 1PW8.
    1PW8's search finds only a fraction of what previous versions found. A relevance logic decides what I might be interested in instead of showing all the results. In the end I have to press CMD + Enter to get a more complete result and have to close the search to get back.
    This user experience is really awful!

• Hi @viswiz! Thank you for your input. I have added this thread to the team's ticket regarding sorting search results. While I cannot guarantee that improvements will be made soon, I do know that it is on our radar and is something we are looking to make better for our users.

• andx1pw
    andx1pw
    Community Member
    Options

I have the feeling that this 50/50. Quite often the new way gives me what I want and quickly. But when it's off it get's a bit messy.

For my real world use I can think of many searches where the new way will be completely lost. On the other hand, most searches are simple and straight forward.

• Thanks for this feedback, @andx1pw. We'll be bearing this in mind as the team continues work on the search feature!

This discussion has been closed.