New beta update is now available

It’s hard to believe this will be our last beta of January. I guess it’s true what they say: time flies when you’re having fun! 😃

This beta is numbered #80500083 and it is an extra-special one as it is our first Release Candidate for our upcoming Windows & Linux stable versions. 🎉 It’s also a big step forward for our business users on Windows as it brings support for custom corporate network setups and will allow business customers to use our upcoming MSI package to deploy 1Password to their employees.

Watchtower banners for items with a compromised, vulnerable, or weak password now include a button to take you to the website to change that password.

A new Appearance section has been added to Preferences, allowing you to choose between light and dark themes as well as zoom levels. And it gives us plenty of room to add some customizations for the sidebar in a future beta. 🙂

Tags can also be deleted directly from the sidebar. This is super convenient and will automatically update all items that have this tag.

And a special call out to everyone who reported 1Password wouldn’t remember your last used collection when quitting and reopening the app. That is now fixed. 🙏

You can find a full set of changes in our release notes for macOS , Windows , and Linux. Or, select the What’s New item from the feedback menu within the app.

As always, thank you so much for participating in the early access release and helping us to improve 1Password. We couldn't have gotten this far without you and the releases are so much better as a direct result of you. Thank you! 🙏🏻🤗

++dave;
1Password Founder

Comments

• OAW
    OAW
    Community Member

"And it gives us plenty of room to add some customizations for the sidebar in a future beta."

This gives me hope that an option to restore Categories to the sidebar may actually be coming. I truly hope we aren't just being teased though.

• Awesome! I was hoping you and others would spot my foreshadowing! 🤗

++dave;

• As a reminder, we are not planning on releasing a beta this week. We'll be blasting into (virtual) space for AGConf12, our twelfth internal conference. We will return to our regular release schedule next week.

• theredmoose
    theredmoose
    Community Member

I am stoked for the zoom level feature. I have been waiting for this however it does not show up in my install. I checked and I was running 80500083. I installed the latest nightly just in case. Was it pulled for the time being or do I have to enable it anywhere?

• I'm sorry for the confusion, @theredmoose. It appears the Zoom preference is still guarded behind a feature flag at the moment. That was my bad for including it in the screenshot. I think we're fine removing this feature flag so hopefully we can have this appear in the next beta.

The good news is the Zoom feature is available in the main application menu under View. You can also use the ⌘+/⌘- or Ctrl+/Ctrl- keyboard shortcuts to zoom in and out.

I hope this helps,

++dave;

• theredmoose
    theredmoose
    Community Member

Weird, I did actually see it on what I thought was my Chrome plugin but then I can't find it again... ;-) Once it is added will it allow to zoom the interface on the browser plugins? I really really hope so. Thanks

• Sorry to disappoint you @theredmoose but this setting will only affect the zoom level in the app. 1Password in your browser does not inherit this feature and we'll need to so something differently there for the popup. On the bright side, the inline menu that appears directly within webpages inherits the zoom level of the page.

Take care,

++dave;

• SPTMatt
    SPTMatt
    Community Member

where do I get the MSI for 1pass 8 please?

• Hi @SPTMatt

We don't yet have an MSI available for 1Password 8. I'd encourage you to get in touch with our business team at business@1password.com to be notified when this becomes available. :)

Ben

This discussion has been closed.