How do I get rid of duplicates

Options
kram5819
kram5819
Community Member
edited January 2022 in Android

Hello,
I had an app on my phone It's a Samsung Galaxy Note 9 and I had to reinstall it 3 times

Nothing to do with 1 password It was the app itself

Now I have it working perfect, but the problem is I have all three of the logins showing (see picture)

one only one is good on one password I'm assuming it's something to do with the cache, but I can't figure out how to clean it out

Can you tell me what the problem would be in the steps to fix this

only 1 of those 3 are "good" how do I remove the other 2 ? I do not see them on 1password only one...

1Password Version: 7.1.9
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided

Comments

• kram5819
    kram5819
    Community Member
    Options

1Password Version: 7.1.9
    Extension Version: Not Provided
    OS Version: Not Provided

• Hey @kram5819:

Just as a quick first step, can you try turning Autofill previews off and on again? To do this, open and unlock 1Password on your phone, then tap Settings > Autofill, then toggle the setting "Autofill previews". Let me know how that goes!

Jack

• kram5819
    kram5819
    Community Member
    Options

YUPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPP

THAT WORKED.....

THANK YOU!!

I'm just curious What would have caused that to happen but what you told me to do fixed it Thank you

• Hello @kram5819 thanks for the update! On behalf of Jack, you are very welcome.

I suspect duplicate Login items were created when you were reinstalling the app you mentioned that were that were then deleted or archived. The preview feature would remember the duplicates until they were cleared by toggling Autofill previews or if they are deleted and destroyed.

• Tutish
    Tutish
    Community Member
    Options

I'm glad I found this thread, I've been going mad trying to find my phantom autofill suggestions!

• Hi @Tutish. I'm so glad you found this thread as well! :)

This discussion has been closed.